Advice Request Am I good to go?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you haven't done anything to compromise the security of your OS, then what's the worry about "I am malware-free"? Have you dabbled with questionable software or websites recently?
  • Ensure you're running the latest version of Windows 10
  • Make sure Windows Updates and is set to Automatic
  • Check all installed software for any new updates, including driver updates.
An exploitable PC, is a vulnerable PC.

You can share your PC security set-up in the PC Security Configuration (Read me)

Off-Topic: Good to go where? LOL

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
There is no point in scanning computer with your realtime AV, it you are infected, it will detect it upon launch. Better to use other engines.

HitmanPro performs a fast scan with multiple AV engines. CureIt and KVRT for one time scan, Emsisoft Emergency Kit for regular scanning.

Xanoas

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2014
If you haven't done anything to compromise the security of your OS, then what's the worry about "I am malware-free"? Have you dabbled with questionable software or websites recently?
  • Ensure you're running the latest version of Windows 10
  • Make sure Windows Updates and is set to Automatic
  • Check all installed software for any new updates, including driver updates.
An exploitable PC, is a vulnerable PC.

You can share your PC security set-up in the PC Security Configuration (Read me)

Off-Topic: Good to go where? LOL
I am paranoid I may have, I experienced slow down for a bit, so I did a scan, nothing came up, I reset the PC (Windows 10 clean the drive option), but I still have my doubts.

Good to go to the moon my dudes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 69059

Because AVs are not are infallible, If you are a experienced user I recomend you the following:
  • Run Autoruns and see if there is unknown/suspicious programs auto starting with Windows.
  • Run Process Explorer and verify that there is no unknown process runing in your system.
  • Run Process Monitor and look for extrange behaviors, for example dll injection.
  • Run GMER and see if there are hidden objects (rootkits).
  • Run a network protocol analyzer like Wireshark and check for suspicius traffic.

Xanoas

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2014
Because AVs are not are infallible, If you are a experienced user I recomend you the following:
  • Run Autoruns and see if there is unknown/suspicious programs auto starting with Windows.
  • Run Process Explorer and verify that there is no unknown process runing in your system.
  • Run Process Monitor and look for extrange behaviors, for example dll injection.
  • Run GMER and see if there are hidden objects (rootkits).
  • Run a network protocol analyzer like Wireshark and check for suspicius traffic.
I'm intermediate, but I'll give it a try, think I can manage, thanks!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Warning and caution are necessary, but when you look at something with a suspicion of skepticism from the beginning you get lost in the maze of uneasiness. After not detecting anything according to the advice, if you still feel uneasy about you, we recommend reinstalling. It may be useless, but it is more important that your anxiety becomes clean.:)

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, it's simple. You have a backup program. Go to an earlier date when everything was fine and ready.:)

Reactions: Weebarra

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Just in case format your drive and in case it's format survivor buy a new HDD, maybe a new computer...

Now seriously, if you do not notice any clear malware infections symptoms then one or two malware engines are enough. You're good to go. Focus on prevention rather than disinfection.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am paranoid
Is someone watching you..?

All jokes aside, it doesn't do harm to scan your OS once in a while, but going overboard is a recipe for disaster, and make you more paranoid.

For example, resetting Windows every time you find a strange looking Registry key.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.