Fav. Videogame
Counter Strike 1.6 & GO

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Hi all,

Today, I was searching for best free antivirus, firewall etc. and I found this community. From the several threads that I read, I can say that the people here are really helpful and the mods/admins are doing a great job by keeping the trolls away.

I was a windows user until XP, then I bought a laptop in 2008 which came with Vista and I was like
"really? it takes just 7 hours to boot into vista & open Firefox."

and I thought of downgrading to XP but there was no driver support for XP at that time.

In the mean time, a friend of mine introduced me to Fedora Linux and have been using only Linux since then even though I freaked out initially & had to edit files manually to just get the audio working and I don't even want to talk about WiFi driver compatibility during 2008, so I just used a hard line.

After I was comfortable with Linux by 2010 (laptop died & I assembled a PC), I distro hopped a lot (Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, Arch, Manjaro, Debian etc. & different DE like Xfce, MATE, KDE etc.) just for the sake of trying them. :rolleyes:

Currently I'm posting this from Fedora 22 MATE. I'm old school (not really that old) so I prefer Xfce/MATE and totally dislike Unity/GNOME 3.

So after using Linux as the only OS for more than 6.5yrs, I'm moving to windows as I need to work with an application that is available only for windows & the forbidden fruit and I prefer to stay away from the forbidden products. :p

And I think that's it. I would like to say thanks for opening this thread & reading this. :)

Edit: I would be really grateful if you could help me with this query, http://malwaretips.com/threads/avast-free-comodo-firewall-or-avira-free-comodo-firewall.47467/. Thanks.

PS: Did I mention that I'm a sloth. :D

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

Welcome to MT. I'm a Xfce's man and Voyaguer is my distro.

Caution: MT is really addictive!!

ecdZzvC.gif

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Sloth! Thank you for penning (typing) such a wonderful to read introduction, and it was very enjoyable to experience your linux Odyssey as well as your long awaited return to Windows!:D
It is quite pleasing how you've chosen to join us (*whispers: Malware Tips is my favorite site!;)). A warm "Welcome" to you.:):)
Now, I must return to another thread (Yours!:D) which brought me here in the first place!:rolleyes: Are you sure you're really a new member?o_O :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.