Amazon Launches HD Music Streaming

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Amazon Music has become the first of the "big three" streaming services to offer music in CD-quality audio.

The service, which costs £5 more than a standard Amazon subscription, will also offer some albums in "Ultra HD", which promises to be better-than-CD quality. Until now, Amazon, like its main rivals Apple and Spotify, only streamed music in compressed formats like MP3 and AAC. Some smaller services like Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz already offer lossless, high-fidelity streaming. Amazon is calling its service "HD" because customers are familiar with the term from television, but it will actually use the same file format - FLAC - as its competitors. All three of the major record labels have signed up, with music by Fleetwood Mac, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Stormzy and Ed Sheeran now available in Ultra HD. The big question, according to Chris Cooke of Complete Music Update, is whether "Amazon can take what has traditionally been a niche product and make it more mainstream".

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Amazon Music has become the first of the "big three" streaming services to offer music in CD-quality audio.

When I get new speakers, I'm inclined to try this.

The cost to try it one month is negligible since I already have Amazon Prime.

And this is interesting. I read through as much of that as my attention span could handle...

Perhaps I've been fooling myself. I thought I could tell the difference between CDs and streamed music. Maybe I'll have to set up my own simple test.

Reactions: blackice

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
When I get new speakers, I'm inclined to try this.

The cost to try it one month is negligible since I already have Amazon Prime.

And this is interesting. I read through as much of that as my attention span could handle...

Perhaps I've been fooling myself. I thought I could tell the difference between CDs and streamed music. Maybe I'll have to set up my own simple test.
I use amazon music. I did a trial of 3 months for $3 last time they ran that. I ended up liking it a lot more than I expected, so I'm all for improved quality even if I can't tell. I'm in the amazon ecosystem...so it works. FireTVs and Prime are great, but never an Alexa. As much as The Next Generation made me want to talk to a computer, that stuff creeps me out.

• Applause
Reactions: upnorth and Burrito

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
FireTVs and Prime are great,
I'm curious on Prime Video, most because of the upcoming release of Picard. Wow! There deal right now is great as it's just 2,99 Euro/month the first six month. :emoji_popcorn::emoji_popcorn::emoji_popcorn:

Reactions: blackice

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.