Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
In a recent AMD lab tour documented by Gamers Nexus, AMD engineers showed off some wild equipment used to test chipset functionality on AM5 motherboards. The equipment comes in the form of slot-able, stackable chipset cards that are capable of simulating all of AMD's chipsets, including B650 all the way to X670E, and are capable of creating any I/O configuration motherboard manufacturers might put on their AM5 boards.

According to AMD's engineers, the chipset cards operate on a reference AM5 motherboard without its own chipset, that has additional PCIe plugs for housing the custom AMD chipset cards. The chipset cards come with a plethora of additional I/O connectivity, including SATA ports, several different versions of USB, M.2 storage, ethernet, and more. AMD's chipset cards can also be stacked on top of each other to add even more connectivity.

AMD's custom chipset cards make it super convenient to test the capabilities of its latest AM5 platform and Ryzen 7000 series processors. The cards can be used to simulate any number of I/O configurations, including B650, B650E, X670, or X670E motherboards, and to ensure the PCIe slots, controllers, and other I/O circuitry are all functioning properly. It also allows AMD to test new chipset designs without replacing its reference (testing) boards, which lowers cost.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
golden buzzer GIF by America's Got Talent

Fantastic share! Great insight into AMDs lab. (y):coffee:🍪

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.