BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
uwaj1vp.png

Pros: The Threadripper 1920X offers more performance, uses less power and runs cooler than the Core i9-7900X. It also supports ECC memory (Intel's X299 platform doesn't). Compared to the Ryzen 7 1800X, the 1920X touts quad-channel memory support and more PCIe lanes.

Cons: The $1,000 Threadripper 1950X is competitively priced but nonetheless comes at a hefty premium. Threadripper falls a tad behind when it comes to gaming.

90 - TECHSPOT SCORE

Full review
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X & 1920X Review

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
If you want now the best performances in games then take Intel.
If you want more FPS in the future then buy Ryzen. If you encode very much you should also pick Ryzen.

It depends on the AMD drivers. Game developer need also to optimize Ryzen for their games.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
My summary :
  • if you want the best gaming experience money can buy, go for i7 7700K
  • if you want great gaming experience but your budget is limited by any means, go for Ryzen 5 1600
  • If you want the shortest times in media creation, and productivity overall, and you don't ask how much it costs, go with Threadripper
  • Otherwise go with Ryzen 7 1700
For budget builds there are a lot of Intel/AMD combinations

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I want to know which processor is good for heavy loads (music making). My friend want to assemble a pc for music making. He told me his previous i7 lags when he open music achieve.

Reactions: ispx

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I want to know which processor is good for heavy loads (music making). My friend want to assemble a pc for music making. He told me his previous i7 lags when he open music achieve.
The chance he lags because of the i7 when opening music is 0 to none. He probably uses an hdd or a slow ssd so when you open large files it will take a while.
Ask your friend his current specs because it's the only way to identify the issues that he might have with a new build.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.