AMD1's current config

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi AMD1

A very good, powerful combination: which combines excellent protection from Kaspersky, with the addition of Malwarebytes Pro. I'm currently using Kaspersky 2015, how are you finding Kaspersky Pure 3?

Tony :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Andy i hope that on malwarebytes you have real time protection off because if it's on maybe you will have compatibility issues.
my opinion is to add a second browser,to use lastpass for keeping safe your passwords and to update secunia to version 3.
that is my suggestions. i think you have a very solid config and i like it.
thanks for sharing;):)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I asked on the Kaspersky forum about running Kaspersky with Malwarebytes Pro and they said it was fine to do so

Reactions: tonibalas

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi AMD1

A very good, powerful combination: which combines excellent protection from Kaspersky, with the addition of Malwarebytes Pro. I'm currently using Kaspersky 2015, how are you finding Kaspersky Pure 3?

Tony :)

I havent had any issues with it. I dont use the password manager as I think Roboform is better and I dont use the parental control, encryption or back up. I use Backup4all (paid version) which is simply compressed zipped folders and Windows backup, both targeted at my external HD

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
ok didn't know about that happy to hear it if in the future i want to try it.
thanks for the info tony cole:eek::)

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Andy i hope that on malwarebytes you have real time protection off because if it's on maybe you will have compatibility issues.
my opinion is to add a second browser,to use lastpass for keeping safe your passwords and to update secunia to version 3.
that is my suggestions. i think you have a very solid config and i like it.
thanks for sharing;):)

It may be just me but I havent experienced any issues running both together real time.

I think Lastpass stored logins etc online and I dont like the idea of that myself.

Secunia version 3 always seemed buggy on my system so i reverted back to V2

I asked on the Kaspersky forum about running Kaspersky with Malwarebytes Pro and they said it was fine to do so

I had MBAM Pro before I got Pure and didnt even think bout compatibility issues - it seems to work ok without any noticable slowdown so it seems its OK

Reactions: tonibalas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use KIS 2015 on all my Windows 8.1 installations.Kaspersky does a great job!! However I also like ESET Smart Security and just switched back to KIS a month or so ago
I too have MBAM Premium but I only use it as an on demand scanner.If you have no compatibility issues and it works for you I see no problem.
I would add at least one more on demand scanner such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Hitman Pro
I also like uBlock extension in Chrome.
Very solid config with SBIE!! Thanks for sharing your config with us :)

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
I use KIS 2015 on all my Windows 8.1 installations.Kaspersky does a great job!! However I also like ESET Smart Security and just switched back to KIS a month or so ago
I too have MBAM Premium but I only use it as an on demand scanner.If you have no compatibility issues and it works for you I see no problem.
I would add at least one more on demand scanner such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Hitman Pro
I also like uBlock extension in Chrome.
Very solid config with SBIE!! Thanks for sharing your config with us :)

No worries and thanks for taking the time to post a response.

I might have a go with Hitman Pro and see how it performs.

Interestingly i have not had any comments regarding VPN's which i dont have on my machine at the moment and unsure if needed ???

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.