AMD's Bulldozer

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Shadow Death said:
These guys overclocked it 400MHz past it's default turbo core frequency of 4.2GHz and it blows the doors off the i7 2600K in all multithreaded benchmarks.

Its got twice the number of cores and 1.2GHZ more clock speed and it only manages to beat the 2600k by about 20%. yea brilliant :p

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
lol... there is no comparing this to the 2600k...

even in those few cases where bulldozer gets to use all of its cores it literally performs worse than last generations CPUs.

If there were some magic 8 core AMD Athlon it would probably beat bulldozer.

It's like they were trying to make a worse product.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Purely in terms of single threaded applications they've moved far backwards. That's an issue. Throwing cores at it doesn't help.

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Stop cherry picking the paper stats and look at the evidence. You remind me of a creationist. Valentin N was clearly very much on the AMD side but has changed his view ( I applaud him for that) because of the weight of the results coming from every hardware enthusiasts website on the net. I loved AMD back in the Athlon 64 days and had multiple computers all running AMD but ever since Lynnfield 1156 CPUS (many people will argue even before then) Intels architectures have been far superior on performance per clock and performance per watt. AMD has been using the same CPU design since 2007. Yea Bulldozer might be better suite for heavily threaded programs of the future. but give it a few months and Intel will be unleashing the brand new 22nm Tri-gate transistor Ivy Bridge Architecture pushing AMD behind even further.

Here is two more reviews by Hardware Canucks and Bit Tech.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/10/12/amd-fx-8150-review/1
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/47155-amd-bulldozer-fx-8150-processor-review.html

Cheers
Shaun

Wow... that's really professional of you. Telling me to quit cherry picking the paper stats then posting those benchmarks. What I posted was all around benchmarks. Either way, I have no further place on these forums, especially if you feel the need to insult me with a backhanded comment like "You remind me of a creationist". that's like me saying "You make rude comments to people who don't share your opinion. You remind me of -snipped-." It's just a little insulting isn't it? I have no desire to be around here if this is how you treat those who won't agree with you. Have fun with your forums.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I apologise I didn't mean to upset you. I will remove the offending comment. ^^^ This is nothing to do with my opinion, look at the results.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.