AMD's set-up for 2017

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
I recommend Zemana Anti-Malware as a second on demand scanner.
Think about getting system image software (Macrium Reflect is great for this) in case very bad things happen and you want to restore your whole system in a few minutes.

Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Feb 10, 2017
Operating System
Windows 7
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
I'd add HTTPS Everywhere and switch Bitdefender Traffic Light (Bitdefender should already block malicious and phishing URLs without Traffic Light) to Avira Browser Safety.

Oh and make a system image backup in case something goes wrong with your system. I personally use AOMEI Backupper but many will also recommend Macrium Reflect too.

Thanks for sharing. :D

Jan 19, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
BitDefender
My current set-up which i have recently changed.

Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Many Thanks

Andy
Hey, @AMD1 !
Nice config, but consider adding Emsisoft Emergency Kit as an on-demand scanner.
Consider adding Avira Browser Safety and HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome.
Thanks for sharing your config and I hope I helped.

Sep 18, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
BitDefender
You (good) people on this forum has talked so much about Zemana,that purchased a 3 year license today,could not be helped:D

Oct 16, 2015
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Comodo
Great real-time protection. Why are you not running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real-time as well? It might be overkill, but you did pay for a lifetime license, so why not make use of it? :D

Also, do consider creating a backlup image of your system, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that backup image. (unless you don't have a problem reinstalling or repairing your OS in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection)
Here are some recommended applications for this task (I prefer Windows Backup, or of you want a third party application, Macrium Reflect Free):
OR
OR

Other than that, you're good to go, mate. Thanks for sharing your config with us. :p

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
i see inconsistencies in your setup : you have a backup software but never use it?

AMD1

Level 4
Aug 21, 2012
Wow, thanks for all of the comments.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is now changed to realtime. I had it set to on demand as i thought there was a conflict with Bitdefender bu all seems OK at the moment.

I will get a backup software solution in place for system images.

Kind Regards

Andy

Oct 16, 2015
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Comodo
@AMD1

Nicely done. Store backup images in a partition separate from your OS or in some external storage medium (you can even burn them on disks) to keep them safe and ready whenever you need to use 'em.

Make sure you read around in the forum and in articles or resources online on how to configure KIS to your needs, or just familiarize yourself with its functions, if you haven't already. Knowing your security software is a giant step in securing your computer!

AMD1

Level 4
Aug 21, 2012
@AMD1

Nicely done. Store backup images in a partition separate from your OS or in some external storage medium (you can even burn them on disks) to keep them safe and ready whenever you need to use 'em.

Make sure you read around in the forum and in articles or resources online on how to configure KIS to your needs, or just familiarize yourself with its functions, if you haven't already. Knowing your security software is a giant step in securing your computer!
Backups are stored on an external HD

Just found a thread with configs for KIS and have followed that apart from adding a protected folder which looked a bit complex so will leave this for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.