Status
Not open for further replies.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
I recommend Zemana Anti-Malware as a second on demand scanner.
Think about getting system image software (Macrium Reflect is great for this) in case very bad things happen and you want to restore your whole system in a few minutes.

Thanks for sharing your config! :)

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
I recommend Zemana Anti-Malware as a second on demand scanner.
Think about getting system image software (Macrium Reflect is great for this) in case very bad things happen and you want to restore your whole system in a few minutes.
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Just installing Zemana and will check out Macrium Reflect

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'd add HTTPS Everywhere and switch Bitdefender Traffic Light (Bitdefender should already block malicious and phishing URLs without Traffic Light) to Avira Browser Safety.

Oh and make a system image backup in case something goes wrong with your system. I personally use AOMEI Backupper but many will also recommend Macrium Reflect too.

Thanks for sharing. :D

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

You (good) people on this forum has talked so much about Zemana,that purchased a 3 year license today,could not be helped:D

Reactions: aragornnnn

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great real-time protection. Why are you not running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real-time as well? It might be overkill, but you did pay for a lifetime license, so why not make use of it? :D

Also, do consider creating a backlup image of your system, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that backup image. (unless you don't have a problem reinstalling or repairing your OS in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection)
Here are some recommended applications for this task (I prefer Windows Backup, or of you want a third party application, Macrium Reflect Free):
OR
OR

Other than that, you're good to go, mate. Thanks for sharing your config with us. :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of system backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: JM Safe
D

Deleted member 178

i see inconsistencies in your setup : you have a backup software but never use it?

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Wow, thanks for all of the comments.

MBAM is now changed to realtime. I had it set to on demand as i thought there was a conflict with Bitdefender bu all seems OK at the moment.

I will get a backup software solution in place for system images.

Kind Regards

Andy

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi All,

Have installed and run AOMEI Backupper

Have also changed Bitdefender for KIS Total Security which i had before but have bitten the bullet and paid for another year !

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
@AMD1

Nicely done. Store backup images in a partition separate from your OS or in some external storage medium (you can even burn them on disks) to keep them safe and ready whenever you need to use 'em.

Make sure you read around in the forum and in articles or resources online on how to configure KIS to your needs, or just familiarize yourself with its functions, if you haven't already. Knowing your security software is a giant step in securing your computer!

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
@AMD1

Nicely done. Store backup images in a partition separate from your OS or in some external storage medium (you can even burn them on disks) to keep them safe and ready whenever you need to use 'em.

Make sure you read around in the forum and in articles or resources online on how to configure KIS to your needs, or just familiarize yourself with its functions, if you haven't already. Knowing your security software is a giant step in securing your computer!

Backups are stored on an external HD

Just found a thread with configs for KIS and have followed that apart from adding a protected folder which looked a bit complex so will leave this for the moment.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.