Showcase Amelith's Main Test PC

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
This is one of the two (the main) PCs on which i perform my malware (and other) tests. It's a factory refurbished Dell Precision with 2 physical hexa-core XEON CPUs (12 cores in total, 24 total threads). I replaced the hard drives and added the monitor. It's being used exclusively in my secure environment.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I rarely use this PC at it's full potential. It was a good buy, otherwise i would not buy a new monster similar to this, way to expensive if new and often not needed :)
You'll not have many problems with that power haha.
For a user like me, a machine with 8-12 GB Ram, a decent SSD with HDD companion for extra storage and latest i5 or i3 processor would be great.

Reactions: Amelith Nargothrond

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
You'll not have many problems with that power haha.
For a user like me, a machine with 8-12 GB Ram, a decent SSD with HDD companion for extra storage and latest i5 or i3 processor would be great.

I don't know what kind of a user you are, but i can tell you why i bought this and not a cheaper pc.

1. Your point exactly, not to be limited by hardware, in the case i need power. I get paid to implement this and that, and occasionally some solutions need power, like a lot of power, i have to do my homework somehow before the implementation, so i needed something like this. But they are rare, these situations.

2. It was, as i said, cheap :)) I got lucky once and got a pretty big discount :)

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.