ams963's config

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
I try not to click on everything on a webpage and avoid downloading software from an unknown source. I also try to be careful when filling forms online. I give great importance to backup and try to follow thorough backup process.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Which search engine are you using as default?
Try DuckDuckGo if you haven't tried yet ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@ams963, I like your configurating, & think I'm learning more from you about numerous back up options!:D
An Add-on I think you should try is among the favorite password manager/generators on MT called
LastPass https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/
Sandboxie www.sandboxie.com is a free & effective preventive measure which uses a containment sandbox which acts as a protective space suit for your Firefox when delving into the cold heartless reaches of internet space.;):p

ams963

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2013
Which search engine are you using as default?
Try DuckDuckGo if you haven't tried yet ;)
I mainly use Google and sometimes Wikipedia. I've tried DuckDuckGo, ixquick and startpage. They're much safer but do not offer the same convenience and productivity as Google. It's the king of the jungle. The search results are just as I desire and it helps me do my work. When it comes to choosing between security and productivity I tend to incline towards the latter.
@ams963, I like your configurating, & think I'm learning more from you about numerous back up options!:D
Well backup will save you when security measures, tweaking tools and everything else fail. Backing up is the most important part of pc security.
An Add-on I think you should try is among the favorite password manager/generators on MT called
LastPass https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/
If you go through my configuration you'll see that I'm already using lastpass. I love it.:)
Sandboxie www.sandboxie.com is a free & effective preventive measure which uses a containment sandbox which acts as a protective space suit for your Firefox when delving into the cold heartless reaches of internet space.;):p
I'm using SBie on my desktop. I'm not using it on this laptop because WSA's Identity Shield doesn't work properly in the restricted sandbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I mainly use Google and sometimes Wikipedia. I've tried DuckDuckGo, ixquick and startpage. They're much safer but do not offer the same convenience and productivity as Google. It's the kind of the jungle. The search results are just as I desire and it helps me do my work. When it comes to choosing between security and productivity I tend to incline towards the latter.
But are you 100% sure that you always get the right search results...?
Check this one: http://dontbubble.us/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.