Advice Request amtso cloudcar test

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mkoundo

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
hi
just wanted to check: does your avast block the download of the cloudcar executable testfile on the amtso site?

avast does not block my download of the above test file but quarantines it once executed. Is it normal that the download is not blocked?

thanks,
MK

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Same with Windows Defender as well.
c.PNG

mkoundo

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Thank you all for your responses.

Same here with Avast Premium. I have Avast Online Security extension added to Edge Chromium as well.

If you have a chance could you re-try with avast online security extension disabled. I want to check if the extension or the web shield is responsible for the block.

thanks for your time...

[edit] i'm using chrome and do not have the avast security extension installed

Reactions: plat and Venustus

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Thank you all for your responses.

If you have a chance could you re-try with avast online security extension disabled. I want to check if the extension or the web shield is responsible for the block.

thanks for your time...

[edit] i'm using chrome and do not have the avast security extension installed
Without the extension, it got downloaded but when I went to the folder to run it, it got deleted and Avast showed that it was quarantined. I think the extension is more reliable than the web shield's protection.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Without the extension, it got downloaded but when I went to the folder to run it, it got deleted and Avast showed that it was quarantined. I think the extension is more reliable than the web shield's protection.
That's strange, when I disabled the Avast extension I got this:
Annotation 2019-11-26 051701.png

Avast blocked the download with it's web shield.. (y)

mkoundo

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

thanks friend, i have the same behaviour; file gets downloaded -> then i execute the file -> smartscreen gives warning -> i happy click through -> then avast quarantines.

That's strange, when I disabled the Avast extension I got this:
View attachment 230248
Avast blocked the download with it's web shield.. (y)

hi venustus are you on default settings?
pic1.png
pic2.png

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, and the download page just throws a connection error. It doesn't connect to the host, so not even an antivirus alert.
I'm going a little OT but KSCF doesn't block the drive by download page

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Blocked by Smartscreen Filter for me.

Reactions: Protomartyr

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KTS2021beta here, when I click in that link (FF) anything is downloaded and I'm redirected to the same page... if I understood well, a small file should be downloaded, not the case here :unsure:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
KTS2021beta here, when I click in that link (FF) anything is downloaded and I'm redirected to the same page... if I understood well, a small file should be downloaded, not the case here :unsure:
Thanks. I thought the page was supposed to be blocked too but if the file isn't downloaded then no damage done (not that it would have as it's harmless).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.