App Review An OSArmor Overview

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
??_isn't the "worst" infection the one you don't know about
well it depends who is looking at it. If you are the user then yeah that's the worst...if you are the APT party then it's the best.

, or only think you have but can never find it!
Yeah for the longest time my work PC was soo slow that I honestly thought I was being an PC Hypochondriac, i.e. I somehow thought it was infected since it was dragging arz but could never find anything. In the end I chocked it up to old age i.e. old hardware.

As for personal anecdote, I keep telling my wife that: "I swear, I am deaf! I honestly didn't hear that you wanted me to do (pulls out honey-do-list) those things this weekend!" But, alas, I am yet to bribe find an ENT doctor to diagnose me with extensive hearing loss.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
well it depends who is looking at it. If you are the user then yeah that's the worst...if you are the APT party then it's the best.

Yeah for the longest time my work PC was soo slow that I honestly thought I was being an PC Hypochondriac, i.e. I somehow thought it was infected since it was dragging arz but could never find anything. In the end I chocked it up to old age i.e. old hardware.

As for personal anecdote, I keep telling my wife that: "I swear, I am deaf! I honestly didn't hear that you wanted me to do (pulls out honey-do-list) those things this weekend!" But, alas, I am yet to bribe find an ENT doctor to diagnose me with extensive hearing loss.
metoo, but I DO have 2 hearing aids, $,$$$ before they became OTC cheap(er). She_who_must_be_obeyed, sends me texts. :rolleyes:

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
metoo, but I DO have 2 hearing aids, $,$$$ before they became OTC cheap(er). She_who_must_be_obeyed, sends me texts. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah hearing aids went OTC yesterday. It's about time! Now let the competition begin!

Time for some no name Chinese knock offs to flood the market!!! Some of which will be Soo badly designed that they will start picking up interference from the ether.

Now I can finally blame my hearing aids! My favorite time when vacationing in Hawaii was to smear my hands with ketchup, look disshavoled and approach newly romantic couples while saying: "Have you seen my wife?!!!!". "but, you did hear her sassing off to me right?!!" "I can still smell her sin!"

Since your significant other communicates her honey do list via text message. I see a perfect opportunity for a Man in The Middle attack. Your kids hijack your wife's phone and add items to the list.

• HaHa
Reactions: simmerskool

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Meanwhile, back on the topic -- cruelsister tested OSA with it set at "advanced." She did so because many users set OSA that way.

OSA is a specialized security app that will greatly strengthen the excellent security already built into Windows. VoodooShield is another example of a specialized security app.

To me, setting a specialized security app to intentionally run BELOW its most aggressive level is a user problem more so than an app problem.

IMO, setting a security app to be less aggressive is like getting a Rottweiler to protect your home and then: (1) having him neutered so as to be less aggressive, and (2) not training him, and (3) scolding him when he barks or acts menacing toward a stranger.

IMO, OSA should be set at its maximum level of aggressiveness. Yes, OSA will block a number of apps during the first several days, but developing exclusions is easy. This brief training period will soon configure OSA so that it remains aggressive but reasonably unobtrusive.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Meanwhile, back on the topic -- cruelsister tested OSA with it set at "advanced." She did so because many users set OSA that way.

OSA is a specialized security app that will greatly strengthen the excellent security already built into Windows. VoodooShield is another example of a specialized security app.

To me, setting a specialized security app to intentionally run BELOW its most aggressive level is a user problem more so than an app problem.

IMO, setting a security app to be less aggressive is like getting a Rottweiler to protect your home and then: (1) having him neutered so as to be less aggressive, and (2) not training him, and (3) scolding him when he barks or acts menacing toward a stranger.

IMO, OSA should be set at its maximum level of aggressiveness. Yes, OSA will block a number of apps during the first several days, but developing exclusions is easy. This brief training period will soon configure OSA so that it remains aggressive but reasonably unobtrusive.
I fully understand that people who use that solution are among more knowledge users but; at which point do you get fatigued over answering the prompts when it's set to max? At least in VoodooShield I have some indication of trust (voodooai score and the ability to automatically query VT) here I have a message that a script wants to run from user space. Is that good? Is that bad? Is it because the coder is malicious or is it because the coder is lazy? How am I certain that the file is safe?

I am all for the software I have a lic myself but I don't run it on MAX since I would rather get alerts on a more concrete attempts at compromise vs every alert that a script wants to run. Yes this is a perfect solution for a light user but it would be a horrid thing for a development environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
@bellgamin

your analogies are priceless :)(y)

EDIT

Not long ago I discovered, rather unexpectedly, that setting OSA to North of Advanced protection does not result in that many additional alerts, so that is where mine is at and there have been few additional alerts to deal with (y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.