An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Beginning in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we intend to disable VBScript execution in IE 11 for websites in the Internet Zone and the Restricted Sites Zone by default, to provide a more secure experience. This change was initially announced in a blog post in April. The new default behavior can be previewed beginning with today’s Windows Insider Preview release, build 16237.

For customers on previous versions of Windows, we intend to include this change in future cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 11.The settings to enable, disable, or prompt for VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11 will remain configurable per site security zone, via Registry, or via Group Policy, on released versions of Windows. We will continue to post updates here in advance of these changes to default settings for VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11.

To provide feedback on this change, or to report any issues resulting from this change in Windows Insider Preview, you can use the Feedback Hub app on any Windows 10 device. Your feedback goes directly to our engineers to help make Windows even better.

— Brent Mills, Senior Program Manager

Source

Reactions: given

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I am currently testing KIS 2018b for compatibility and it uses Internet Explorer. The Safe Money browser has always been Internet Explorer.
I just opened up Safe Money with the same version and it opened up Chrome for me. I can't make a screenshot cause KIS is blocking it.

do you have Chrome installed on that PC?

I just opened up Safe Money with the same version and it opened up Chrome for me. I can't make a screenshot cause KIS is blocking it.

do you have Chrome installed on that PC?

Not at the moment. It is probably using the default browser - except for Edge which it cannot use at this time.

But in the past, the Safe Money browser was always Internet Explorer.

It's difficult to keep track of all the changes made to 40+ security softs over time.

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
People still use Internet Explorer ?

Well... you have to if you use Kaspersky Safe Money... LOL

I think it is one of those if you don't know any better things. We even have a helpdesk app at work that requires silverlight/IE I refuse to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.