Ana_Filiz Config

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I forgot to mention I hate UAC. :) I use my brain instead. I think it is better and not so annoying. ;)
it cant be better than uac. u never know if something try to execute without u click on it. without uac it simply does, with uac u get a prompt. that can safe ur computer. uac does virtualise the registry and does other thinks most peoples does not know. u should read abit of uac and realy use it. is it realy annoying to klick on a popup for 1 sec? better safe than sorry.

Vanduss

Level 2
Verified
Dec 17, 2015
Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Ana_Filiz. I like your configuration, and shall read about WinAso because of your praise for it.:)
I'd once thought that I didn't like UAC either, but what I truly didn't like was being stopped just like the way it stops those "little fat malware kids whom want to get into your :eek:sweet shoppe!"
Do not let them have your keys.:confused:

Now, I shall mention virtualization which can provide an extra layer of protection for your system. Your IE & Firefox browsers are the most common vectors for infection. To protect against this they can be run in a virtual sandbox which acts in a similar way to how a raincoat & boots keep you dry during a rain storm. There is a free and effective program available called Sandboxie, you can read about on Softpedia Sandboxie Download
Download it directly from the developer:
A very straightforward and complete system virtualization protection you can look into is called Shadow Defender.:cool: Although a recent Giveaway here is now ended,:( there are sure to be others in the future.;)
Here is their official site:
A very reliable free program to clear out your accumulated junk files which also protects your privacy is CCleaner:
For the portable version scroll to the bottom, and find it under "builds".

Thank you for sharing, and allowing us to share with you!

Last edited:
W

Wave

I know people have already mentioned it... But I cannot stress enough how useful User Account Control really is. Please read this thread, it might change your mind about it: Why UAC is important and how it can protect you

If you end up being attacked by an exploit which silently downloads malware to your system and then attempts to run it but it requires higher privileges to function, then UAC would have saved you (if you declined the privilege escalation of course).

Surely a few seconds to allow/block on a notification for programs which require additional privileges which can potentially save you from infection is worth it. ;)

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
You are all so nice community, very helpful and organised. Thanks for your advice. With a bit of attention i think i'llbe safe, plus i have strong security systems watching. I use alternatively Eset Smart Security and Dr. Web. You all know that Eset is very good at catching the new nasties as Lucent likes to name them and Dr. Web is russian, IOW huge and strong. Its firewall is like an armour. Eset firewall could be improved but their AV is light, fast and smart. Accordingly, Dr. Web has a smart, fast and solid AV.
In addition i have HitmanPro Alert, that means 2-3 new AV engines plus a lot of exploit and strong protection. Zemana AntiMalware Premium on demand adds a lot of security also. I also have on stand-by MMalwarebytes and Spy Emergency. Plus Sandboxie for virtualisation . So, having all these plus an awesome community on my back, am i still needing UAC?
Plus, buddies be honest, don't you all like a bit of thrill in your lives? Too much security is boring. :D
Plus, plus: we all know that in cyberworld no one is safe. :p

Reactions: King Alpha

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
You are all so nice community, very helpful and organised. Thanks for your advice. With a bit of attention i think i'llbe safe, plus i have strong security systems watching. I use alternatively Eset Smart Security and Dr. Web. You all know that Eset is very good at catching the new nasties as Lucent likes to name them and Dr. Web is russian, IOW huge and strong. Its firewall is like an armour. Eset firewall could be improved but their AV is light, fast and smart. Accordingly, Dr. Web has a smart, fast and solid AV.
In addition i have HitmanPro Alert, that means 2-3 new AV engines plus a lot of exploit and strong protection. Zemana AntiMalware Premium on demand adds a lot of security also. I also have on stand-by MMalwarebytes and Spy Emergency. Plus Sandboxie for virtualisation . So, having all these plus an awesome community on my back, am i still needing UAC?
Plus, buddies be honest, don't you all like a bit of thrill in your lives? Too much security is boring. :D
Plus, plus: we all know that in cyberworld no one is safe. :p
Your words are pleasing to read, even from one whom we (your fellow members) are attempting to save from yourself!
I read that link shared by Wave for the very 1st time. It is very good, and I liked it.;)
You can read it too.
It applies quite specifically to all of us, in particular my wife:rolleyes: whose new (refurbished) lap top system's being mailed to us. It has, like your own, a Windows 7 SP 1 Operating System installed. We had a similar talk about UAC. She understands it, and maybe you do too, but until she reads Why UAC is important and how it can protect you herself,o_O I don't think she'll be able to fully move past the sense of security being boring.:D BTW, it is not... because it is going to save you from having :eek:headaches you don't have to :confused:suffer..yet,o_O now, or ever!:cool: The choice is yours, but either way, please read the link.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.