Analyzing tools

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Hey and I wish all new members warm welcome to the forum!

I will make a list of various tools to analyze files

Online Services

if anyone has good link please publish them here so that I can update this list :)

Here is a video that tell how to analyze malware

Downloads

Regards,
Valentin N

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I would think that these should be included as well:

Comodo Site Inspector
(Can scan sites for active exploits or whether they're blacklisted by Google)

Comodo File Intelligence
(It can even confirm whether a file is unknown or safe)

JottiQ
(Can also be useful although VirusTotal has more scanners)

I probably missed some useful ones so please, anyone, feel free to fill in the gaps.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can add Virscan, yet good for uploading files and scan with av engines.

http://www.virscan.org/

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
JottiQ is a software application that uploads files to Jotti. Really useful if you want to scan multiple files.

Jack also made a list of Online scanners.

Wireshark is a powerful network protocol analyzer. It requires some knowledge, otherwise packets won't make any sense.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
NoVirusThanks provides useful services such as; Multi-Engine AV Scanner, Web Reputation & URL Scanner, IP Address Reputation Scanner, Malicious Domains Database, Web Proxy with Exploit Protection.

Their NoVirusThanks Uploader is a software tool.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Sandboxie + Buster Sandbox Analyzer (BSA).
Buster Sandbox Analyzer is a tool that has been designed to analyze the behaviour of processes and the changes made to system and then evaluate if they are malware suspicious. Make sure you read Installation & Usage on the official site if you want t give it a try.

BSA official site: link
Thread on Sandboxie forum: link

G

Guest28

What about comodo cleaning essentials? *I think it requires a log in on the forums*

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
ryan said:
What about comodo cleaning essentials? *I think it requires a log in on the forums*

no need; if it isn't on comodo'd homepage then it will come in a week or so but I will upload and give the link

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
I will update the first post so don't avoid looking at it from time to time.

I will also add download in case someone wants some of the software

Thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Eset SysInspector

ESET SysInspector® is a free, state of the art diagnostic tool for Windows systems.
It peers into your operating system and captures details such as running processes, registry content, startup items and network connections. Once a snapshot of the system is made, ESET SysInspector applies heuristics to assign a risk level for each object logged.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
stormgtr said:
Eset SysInspector

ESET SysInspector® is a free, state of the art diagnostic tool for Windows systems.
It peers into your operating system and captures details such as running processes, registry content, startup items and network connections. Once a snapshot of the system is made, ESET SysInspector applies heuristics to assign a risk level for each object logged.

It will be added and +2rep :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Valentinchen N how about this

GetSystemInfo from Kasperksy

The Get System Info utility is used to collect system information in order to troubleshoot technical issues. It is used in a variety of ways:

Detection of incompatible software
Detection of possible malware on the system (both known and unknown)
Program function errors (installation, use, uninstall etc.)

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Valentinchen N how about this

GetSystemInfo from Kasperksy

The Get System Info utility is used to collect system information in order to troubleshoot technical issues. It is used in a variety of ways:

Detection of incompatible software
Detection of possible malware on the system (both known and unknown)
Program function errors (installation, use, uninstall etc.)

It will be added and +2 rep

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.