Aug 30, 2012
Does anyone follows FIDE World Chess Championship 2013? :D

Game-5-main.jpg

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Try it."
some things always confusing me like Chess,Cards and video games :(
But thanks for boost me towards chess,i try it some time but math is my weak point and i saw it ,chess depend on strategy.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Chess is an art :)
Or you love it or you don't, but always can improve your skills by practicing, I know many who doesn't know math well and still are good chess players, so I guess it's not math what makes you a good player, it is your skill to outwit your opponent. :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
madyrocksin said:
No i m not following, specially when Anand is loosing :/

:) Carlsen plays like a machine, hardly that Anand could beat him on that level of play

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Dont watch it much nowadays.
Ive always been a fan of gary kasparov and anatoly karpov.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I was amazed that Anand chosen transition onto the Berlin. Against a player that does not have to win this line allows pieces to be traded off with ease, which C was more than happy to do. Down 2 with 6 to play and he allows C to zip through the game like a meaningless blitz match? Think that Anand knows who is his Daddy.

The coverage has been really well done although the little trip to the players individual bathrooms today was a bit much.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't know what is happening to Anand, as Nakamura said " 'It is a bit sad to see the great blitzer, calculator and awesome tactical machine that Anand was in the 90s and 00s playing this style.'
Well Anand needs to atack now, I think he will go to d4 with exceptions of Gambits like Budapest or Queen Gambit accepted as those were games where he lose most in '00, dunno, I am little disappointed with Anand but we'll see

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Since Anand has White on Thursday, I'd love to see the English attack transition of the Sicilian Najdorf as it would give him chances that serves White quite nicely. But I think the main issue Anand faces is playing someone half his age. Normally doesn't end well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.