Anatomy of an Internet Troll (Don't Troll here)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
hi,

lately i smelled lot of trolling here on MT, but many members don't know what is a Troll ; so there it is :

Anatomy:

trollanatomyDEF3.png

Description:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

source

Know your Enemy:

Here

Elite trolls:

Here

How to win a war against Trolls

Here

How to mark or recognize a marked troll

Some Troll Hunters (like me) have a cunning sensitivity to trolls and incoming trolling; so we tag them with this picture to warn the innocents to not get involved with them.

CgccxqL.png

Legendary enemies of a Troll

- the Staff

1TUG1LZ.jpg

- Legolas , where Legolas pass, Trolls trespass

55JBGn9.gif

hope you enjoy !

and remember , DON'T BE A TROLL ! (at least here or you may join my trashbin)

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i bump this thread because we must always be aware !!

:D

Reactions: Shran
M

MalwareT

Thread author
@Jack is the owner of this site and he decides what's useful here or not. If you don't like how this website works,why are you joined ? If you continue spamming / trolling you will be banned . If you want to make "rules" here or tell Jack how he should administrate website,you came to wrong place ;)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I find that there's two kinds of trolls.

Those that only like insulting people
Similar to what Umbra describe
"n Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

And those who do it for fun and don't mean to insult or verbally harm anyone.

Reactions: MalwareT

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I assume this is the thread which got you promoted as MalwareTips staff? Great work I absolutely love it very helpful. (clap clap - sarcasm on the side*)

Complaining about trolls on a security forum yet you are trolling yourself with such a useless thread.

@Umbra was a staff member since I came to this forum which is 2 months+ before this was posted.

And @Jack thank you for removing Lawyerbytes. This forums is for security not for accusing other members.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@Jack is the owner of this site and he decides what's useful here or not. If you don't like how this website works,why are you joined ? If you continue spamming / trolling you will be banned . If you want to make "rules" here or tell Jack how he should administrate website,you came to wrong place ;)

what you talking about?

edit: oh ok i see the angry guy removed post.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
what is funny with that member is that to read this thread, he had to :

1- open my signature spoiler
2- click the link ...

and then he still decided to troll :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.