New Update Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA (Feb 2024)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019

Hello, Comodo fans,

We are delighted to share the **final BETA version of Comodo Internet Security 2024**. Please feel free to download and start testing the new version (12.3.2.8124) from [here ](https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/9020_beta/CIS_2024_beta_3.exe). You may also upgrade the existing version to the new Beta version via the “Update” option.

We are aware that unfortunately we are late in the preparation of the new beta package. We sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you very much for your understanding and patience. Our delay was due to the extensive testing of bug fixes on the Intel TDT side, ensuring the innovative integration works as expected where no other consumer cybersecurity product has.

Please test this latest beta version yourself, while we continue to prepare the stable version at full speed.

Here is the list of bug fixes available with the new beta version:

* Fixed an issue with scans not working.
* Regarding the right-click UI errors, this is expected behavior for BETA Versions. All menu points beginning with ‘JSON:’ will disappear in the final stable version.
* The “Report a Bug” button has been removed from the menu for all themes.
* Fixed an issue where the “Apply this action to suspicious autorun processes” scan option for Anti-Virus scan profiles was not available when using the Arcadia or Modern themes.
* Fixed an issue where all scan options appeared on the UI and scanning continued in the background even with only Firewall installed.
* Fixed an issue with incomplete removal of CIS during uninstallation.
* The “Report a bug” button has been removed from the menu for all themes.
* Fixed an issue where the “Refer Your Friends” option was not working.
* Fixed an issue with displaying a strange window title when activating the license warranty.
* Fixed an issue where the tray icon disappeared from the taskbar after booting or restarting the system if the icon animation was disabled in the settings.
* Fixed issues with “Quick scan” and “Rating scan” not working.
* Fixed translation issues for non-English languages.

Thank you for your patience, we look forward to seeing the results of your experience with the new and final beta.

Kind regards,
Comodo Team

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for sharing this update, Comodo Team! It's great to see the bug fixes and improvements in this final BETA version of Comodo Internet Security 2024. Looking forward to testing it out and seeing the stable version soon.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Tried the beta. Disappearing hips rules bug was still there. Went on the forum and saw people saying they fixed no long-established bugs which confirms what I saw. Moving on as if they can't fix bugs, I personally can't trust them.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
@LennyFox Yeah, seems the previous beta was more stable and you'd think they'd get more bugs fixed rather than spending a lot of the time working on TDT. I'll just wait for stable.

@SHvFl Yes, HIPS causing issues and still not something they've fixed. I'm not a fan of HIPS so I tend to just run CFW with CruelSister settings which has HIPS disabled.

Watching tester feedback I'll stick with @cruelsister 's CFW settings with .8012 on my machine until next stable.

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
  1. Intel TDT Integration: Buckle up for next-level threat detection. Comodo has seamlessly integrated Intel Threat Detection Technology (TDT) into its arsenal, adding an extra layer of vigilance against the most sophisticated cyber threats.

Can anyone explain better what this feature would be? As I understand, there would be no benefit in the firewall or sandbox. It would be more in the case of a dynamic scan, in this case VirusScope.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Can anyone explain better what this feature would be? As I understand, there would be no benefit in the firewall or sandbox. It would be more in the case of a dynamic scan, in this case VirusScope.
It's CPU based protection according to this article. INtel Thread Detection Technology

My CPU only has the Essentials version of Intel vPro
1710089403524.png
1710089342190.png

I don't know the full ins and outs but you might find this information useful. It's added layer of security

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023

Has got something to do with infecting your system with an AI virus lurking and spying around what you are doing and whose algorithms steal many GPU cycles so that you can't play your favorite games anymore in favor of increased protection whatever that protection might be.
Maybe this sums up what it does.
Otherwise it looks nice on the package wrap...

Last edited:

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
The big C said long ago that they will never fix it. It is a bug with the database and to fix it would require a full overhaul, which they are never going to do for a free product that generates next to zero revenue. That decision makes economic sense.
How about the Enterprise (paid) version? Does that version have the same disappearing HIPS rules bug?
I don't know, just wondering.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
How about the Enterprise (paid) version? Does that version have the same disappearing HIPS rules bug?
I don't know, just wondering.
Most probably not, that one gets very frequent updates which can be tracked here:

It would’ve made so much sense to just rebrand xcitium as Comodo for home users, but “the big C” wants to work on a separate codebase and product. Good luck to them.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
The big C said long ago that they will never fix it. It is a bug with the database and to fix it would require a full overhaul, which they are never going to do for a free product that generates next to zero revenue. That decision makes economic sense.
They actually said on the first beta that they will fix the bugs on the list that was created but they have done little to solve bugs. Honestly, I doubt they can fix the bugs or they would have done so ages ago. It's either a skill issue or a time issue but honestly their worse trade is ownership/management decision making.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
VirusScope is Static and Dynamic Analysis
You keep repeating that around the forum, but this is what the documentation is saying.

Viruscope monitors the activities of processes running on your computer and alerts you if they take actions that could potentially threaten your privacy and/or security. Apart from forming yet another layer of malware detection and prevention, the sub-system represents a valuable addition to the core process-monitoring functionality of the Defense+ by introducing the ability to reverse potentially undesirable actions of software without necessarily blocking the software entirely. This feature can provide you with more granular control over otherwise legitimate software which requires certain actions to be implemented in order to run correctly.

Viruscope alerts give you the opportunity to quarantine the process & reverse its changes or to let the process go ahead. Be especially wary if a Viruscope alert pops up 'out-of-the-blue' when you have not made any recent changes to your computer.​
Source: Comodo Official Documentation
No reference to static or dynamic analysis.

Static analysis refers to analysing strings, structure and other parameters within executable/document or anything supported pre-execution.
Dynamic analysis refers to emulating a number of instructions from an executable in a virtual, isolated environment, with the purpose of revealing the file’s true intent — again, pre-execution.

VirusCope is a behavioural monitoring, or runtime monitoring system that analyses processes on the fly for suspicious/malicious actions.
Comodo does not include engines capable of performing static or dynamic analysis, unless you have any documentation to support that:
  • Anti-malware engine supports static and dynamic analysis or
  • VirusCope, together with runtime monitoring, performs pre-execution analysis.

Oct 17, 2023
You keep repeating that around the forum, but this is what the documentation is saying.

Source: Comodo Official Documentation
No reference to static or dynamic analysis.

Static analysis refers to analysing strings, structure and other parameters within executable/document or anything supported pre-execution.
Dynamic analysis refers to emulating a number of instructions from an executable in a virtual, isolated environment, with the purpose of revealing the file’s true intent — again, pre-execution.

VirusCope is a behavioural monitoring, or runtime monitoring system that analyses processes on the fly for suspicious/malicious actions.
Comodo does not include engines capable of performing static or dynamic analysis, unless you have any documentation to support that:
  • Anti-malware engine supports static and dynamic analysis or
  • VirusCope, together with runtime monitoring, performs pre-execution analysis.
VirusScope uses both Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis and here is for Static Analysis Xcitium Advanced Endpoint Protection with Artificial Intelligence

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.