Comodo Internet Security 2025 Beta / Final / Infos Thread

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
I wonder whether a quickly updated AV database is required in case a (zero-day or not) malicious app runs with a valid trusted cert. or not?
I can imagine that only in this case only a quickly updated AV database offers protection but maybe I'm mistaken.

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
Final Beta end march, productio version 2025. Considering most next years versios are released in november of current year, that implies that Comodo is taking at least 7 months to iron out all bugs and issues for the 'bare bone' security only version of CIS. That is a dubble thumbs up (one for the 'security only/no bloat' version and one for the substantial 'test/bug fixes' period) (y)(y)
Can you tell me where they mentioned they are ironing all (I mean really all) the bugs out?
I believe their main focus is Win 11 compatibility and Intel TDT and no other things.

Reactions: LennyFox
Mar 10, 2024
exactly Melih doesn't listens to users feedbacks when told about improving the product and its antivirus engine, browsing protection, updating firewall and adding proper network intrusion detection/prevention module to it, rather Melih replies with his own self defined things and blocks and ban users from comodo forum when anything is suggested there for the product improvements.
Understanding a product goes along way towards using it, most are not capable of fully utilizing CIS as its designed for advanced users. It obviously is balanced protection not focusing on one aspect or another such as signatures. The combined strategies are sufficient in the proper hands. Such as your stating a need for a proper IPS. The firewall is manual, it can be configured, policies and rules, network access, network control, application control all can have manual rules applied.

CIS has a HIPS already in place which will monitor with behavioral analysis and network filtering. This combined with the manual controls and policies of the firewall will be sufficient, especially for a free product as stated above.

Mar 10, 2024
Wonna see em take offense.

Tell them that just because they copied some install guide from another user, that this does not make them an advanced user that understands the product and can get the most potential from it. Matter of fact it increases the odds of them misconfiguring something and actually expanding the attack surface.

CIS is made by and used effectively by advanced users that understand.its manual settings, over lapping features and how it interacts with the system.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Can you tell me where they mentioned they are ironing all (I mean really all) the bugs out?
I believe their main focus is Win 11 compatibility and Intel TDT and no other things.

They are fixing bugs that exist in the current Beta and labelling them as Fixed in the Bugs List. Not a lot of progress in that list but some have been fixed. As usual we'll have to wait and see what comes with the stable. It does feel more like there's in house bug fixing rather than community involved as it'd done years ago.

1712251024502.png

1712250984544.png

Last edited:

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
Wonna see em take offense.

Tell them that just because they copied some install guide from another user, that this does not make them an advanced user that understands the product and can get the most potential from it. Matter of fact it increases the odds of them misconfiguring something and actually expanding the attack surface.

CIS is made by and used effectively by advanced users that understand.its manual settings, over lapping features and how it interacts with the system.
Can't agree, CIS antivirus engine & signatures are too weak, moreover CIS Firewall hasn't got any kinda network level intrusion detection/prevention blocking in it that is present in Kaspersky/Norton/McAfee/ESET/Avast/AVG/GDATA , CIS hasn't got any kinda web filtering or antiphising protection and the only thing they have got is an totally obsolete Comodo Online Security Pro Extention available in Google Play Store that hasn't been updated since 2018, so CIS requires huge amount of development & overall improvements to be considered as a security software in modern era & modern market that's that.

Mar 10, 2024
Can't agree, CIS antivirus engine & signatures are too weak, moreover CIS Firewall hasn't got any kinda network level intrusion detection/prevention blocking in it that is present in Kaspersky/Norton/McAfee/ESET/Avast/AVG/GDATA , CIS hasn't got any kinda web filtering or antiphising protection and the only thing they have got is an totally obsolete Comodo Online Security Pro Extention available in Google Play Store that hasn't been updated since 2018, so CIS requires huge amount of development & overall improvements to be considered as a security software in modern era & modern market that's that.
You must have skimmed right over this post

Post in thread 'Comodo Internet Security 2025 Beta / Final / Infos Thread' Comodo Internet Security 2025 Beta / Final / Infos Thread

• Applause
Reactions: ErzCrz

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
Comodo AV detection rate is weak compared to many competitor AV, that's common knowledge and everybody knows that. Other AV vendors have higher detection rates and do update their AV database much more frequently.

Reactions: PALTO01
Oct 17, 2023
Comodo AV detection rate is weak compared to many competitor AV, that's common knowledge and everybody knows that. Other AV vendors have higher detection rates and do update their AV database much more frequently.
But Xcitium/Comodo has a detection ratio of 99.8% on AV-Test so that means its a good detection ratio

• Hundred Points
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
The last test was in 2019.Its success in the test is also due to its proactive protection and firewall. Virus signature is weak. Nevertheless, we need to examine the programs as a whole. comodo is a very successful antivirus program.

Sephirothnight

Sep 19, 2018
hi,
Above all, the comodo staff should accept the flaws and other bugs shown in videos by the users and administrators of their own = forum (Shaoran from memory was an excellent admin and yet "vulgarly" kicked out of the forum for having demonstrated a big flaw on CIS 4), and many have been banned... It is also thanks to them and the various feedback from all these users which makes it possible to move forward and improve their product. In the case of Andy Ful's tests, which were very interesting on different security software, some people took great interest in stopping certain protection services. ZoneAlarm/Checkpoint and perhaps others have contacted Andy Ful and that's a great thing. Despite Comodo's qualities, I find it unfortunate that their way of doing things has the opposite effect of what is expected of them: improving their product. I hope this will give a more positive result for the sequel: qui vivum verrum

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
Comodo is not suitable for users who are obsessed with signatures. The old forum had many posts about the antivirus and its essential features. The same discussions are now happening on the new forum. Comodo has repeatedly responded, explaining what, how, why, and more about the product. However, some users continue to flood the forum with nonsense and complain about Comodo deleting their posts and banning them. Comodo provides a straightforward answer every time. If it is your product, use it; otherwise, move on.
Deleting or banning anyone's from there forum doesn't improves Comodo products by any ways rather it proves they are completely incapable or a big fail to do something that is very very essential to protect there users , improving antivirus engine/improving quality of signatures/improving the quality of the firewall/improving web filtering are mandatory and compulsory requirements for any antivirus software products either free or paid in today's cyber world and if any product fails to do so then it can't be considered as a security software product by any means in modern times that's that.

Reactions: Pico

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
The last test was in 2019.Its success in the test is also due to its proactive protection and firewall. Virus signature is weak. Nevertheless, we need to examine the programs as a whole. comodo is a very successful antivirus program.
Nevertheless malware with valid cert. slip through Comodo's protection because of weak AV signature and slow AV database update rate (if I'm not mistaken).

Reactions: PALTO01

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
Nevertheless malware with valid cert. slip through Comodo's protection because of weak AV signature and slow AV database update rate (if I'm not mistaken).
This applies to any product that has the "signed program" feature. Strong signatures? Signatures can only detect what's in the database. For instance, there was a recent case where hackers stole the AnyDesk certificate. It has been two to three months since the vendor confirmed the issue and released a new version with a new certificate. However, no AV vendors, except ClamAV and Google, are detecting the affected version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.