Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

In this Link can you forund some Infos for CIS 2025 from Melih or see the pictures

Mops21

Screenshot_20240401-133540.jpgScreenshot_20240401-133614.jpgScreenshot_20240401-133621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for sharing, Mops21. The link provides useful information about the CIS 2025. Appreciate your effort to keep us updated.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Final Beta end march, productio version 2025. Considering most next years versios are released in november of current year, that implies that Comodo is taking at least 7 months to iron out all bugs and issues for the 'bare bone' security only version of CIS. That is a dubble thumbs up (one for the 'security only/no bloat' version and one for the substantial 'test/bug fixes' period) (y)(y)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I'm running the final Beta which has been out for just over a month. It's still labelled 2024 and it runs fine on my machine. Yet to experiment with TDT but probably will enable it this week.

1711979856884.png

1711979670661.png

Melih is around a lot more recently which is great. I'm hoping for some UI scaling or advanced view but I can always swap over to old Lycia theme. Who knows when next stable will arrive but good that progress is being made.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
I'm running the final Beta which has been out for just over a month. It's still labelled 2024 and it runs fine on my machine. Yet to experiment with TDT but probably will enable it this week.

View attachment 282534

Melih is around a lot more recently which is great. I'm hoping for some UI scaling or advanced view but I can always swap over to old Lycia theme. Who knows when next stable will arrive but good that progress is being made.
Does Intel TDT works on FireWall only CIS also?

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
what about the antivirus engine & signatures, this area Comodo was one of the weakest in the market ever, so what kind of improvements are they making on this very very important area of security protection along with others that should be the biggest thing to check.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
what about the antivirus engine & signatures, this area Comodo was one of the weakest in the market ever, so what kind of improvements are they making on this very very important area of security protection along with others that should be the biggest thing to check.
CIS ships with a light version of the database by default as it mainly uses cloud signatures for naming malware but you can download the full database in the settings.
1712000284327.png

CIS has very current signatures which are submitted to the cloud but like many AVs it's close signature base is more current than the local one.

Having said this, CIS has been less about signature detection since Defense+ later name Containment. I mean in a real world when there isn't a signature for a file for however long should your machine remain unprotected? Of course not. That's where Containment and Viruscope and CIS's identifiers come into play but Containment first and foremost will sandbox anything unknown or untrusted by Comodo.

It simply doesn't work the same way as straight up signature detection and a few other vendores use similar technologies e.g. Avast Premium Security uses a similar feature though I believe it's manual rather than automatic but it's been some years since I tested it.

1712000865275.png

This threatmap shows and interesting example Xcitium Cloud Verdict but you don't even need to use full CIS. Comodo Firewall comes with the same technology as @cruelsister has demonstrated several times.

The TDT Technology is an interesting one and they've been working with Intel to implement this technology to further improve detection. Looking forward to the next stable release.

Oct 17, 2023
CIS ships with a light version of the database by default as it mainly uses cloud signatures for naming malware but you can download the full database in the settings.

CIS has very current signatures which are submitted to the cloud but like many AVs it's close signature base is more current than the local one.

Having said this, CIS has been less about signature detection since Defense+ later name Containment. I mean in a real world when there isn't a signature for a file for however long should your machine remain unprotected? Of course not. That's where Containment and Viruscope and CIS's identifiers come into play but Containment first and foremost will sandbox anything unknown or untrusted by Comodo.

It simply doesn't work the same way as straight up signature detection and a few other vendores use similar technologies e.g. Avast Premium Security uses a similar feature though I believe it's manual rather than automatic but it's been some years since I tested it.

This threatmap shows and interesting example Xcitium Cloud Verdict but you don't even need to use full CIS. Comodo Firewall comes with the same technology as @cruelsister has demonstrated several times.

The TDT Technology is an interesting one and they've been working with Intel to implement this technology to further improve detection. Looking forward to the next stable release.
i love VirusScope(Static and dynamic behavioral analysis with machine learning) its amazing and really good against unknown malware/ransom
1712009048723.png

Last edited:

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
Use Kaspersky and live your best life; Comodo isn't for you. Comodo is mainly a whitelisting product and won't be getting any cool new features or supposed signature improvements anytime soon.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
For the people who have devices with compatible CPUs, Intel TDT provides far greater visibility over fileless malware, ransomware and other threats. It also reduces kernel-mode attacks. It is a great and much needed technology indeed.

On SELabs test, Intel TDT with no EDR (just by itself) blocked 90% ransomware samples.

But greater power is achieved when it is plugged to a powerful solution.

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
For the people who have devices with compatible CPUs, Intel TDT provides far greater visibility over fileless malware, ransomware and other threats. It also reduces kernel-mode attacks. It is a great and much needed technology indeed.

On SELabs test, Intel TDT with no EDR (just by itself) blocked 90% ransomware samples.

But greater power is achieved when it is plugged to a powerful solution.
very well said, Intel TDT itself will be efficient and powerful but to work it in the best possible way the security software vendor in which it is being implemented should have a powerful and well defined antivirus engine which is not the case with Comodo as checked on various av reviews online and from remarks and comments of various users of Comodo on there own Comodo forum that there own antivirus engine is too weak and needs a huge amount of development and improvement yet, but when someone tries to give this feedbacks and suggestions to Comodo forum then Comodo blocks and ban those users which sounds completely ridiculous and totally unfair and gives a clear indication that Comodo is not interested in improving there own antivirus engine and signatures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trident

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021

even with full signatures option selected Comodo is unable to detect & block & prevent & remove lots of malwares and viruses which clearly proves that they need to make huge overall improvements in there own antivirus engine itself and it's signatures itself.

PALTO01

Level 1
Jul 7, 2021
More Melih, no more staff. Not sure if that's great. :unsure:
exactly Melih doesn't listens to users feedbacks when told about improving the product and its antivirus engine, browsing protection, updating firewall and adding proper network intrusion detection/prevention module to it, rather Melih replies with his own self defined things and blocks and ban users from comodo forum when anything is suggested there for the product improvements.

Reactions: Trident and roger_m

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
browsing protection, updating firewall and adding proper network intrusion detection/prevention module to it
The features that you guys want Comodo to implement require substantial investments. Comodo will need to appoint huge teams for prolonged period of time, starting from research phase (how it can be done, what native features should be used, patent search, etc) then development, and finally, testing.
It is impossible to invest such a huge amount on software that is used mainly by freeloders.
Even if they invest, it will not have the necessary return, unless they spend another pile of sweet money on marketing.

If you want Symantec/Norton level IPS that scans the traffic for signs of known intrusions quickly, with very little performance impact, this engine is unique and governed by more than 50 patents. Nobody else has done an alternative to it and Comodo can’t do it either.

I would give up all hopes on such implementations and wouldn’t even try to suggest them.
I had similar banning experience recently with Webroot as well. The two companies are very similar in the way they operate.

Last edited:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
even with full signatures option selected Comodo is unable to detect & block & prevent & remove lots of malwares and viruses which clearly proves that they need to make huge overall improvements in there own antivirus engine itself and it's signatures itself.
We'll agree to disagree. If it's an uknown file it'll be contained and analyised so Containment catches everything unknown e.g. malware and isolates it from the system or you can just set it to block unknowns while the analysis happens in the cloud but whatever. Use what works for you. I paid into CyberLock to cover any gaps in whatever security setup I'm using but to each their own when it comes to security. CIS is just isn't like other products so find one you like and stick with it.

My favourite setup if not using CIS is Microsoft Defender, DefenderUI, CyberLock and Windows Firewall Control or I go down the hardening route with @Andy Ful 's amazing hardening tools which I like a lot. We use what suits us best at the time.

Reactions: rashmi

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
We'll agree to disagree. If it's an uknown file it'll be contained and analyised so Containment catches everything unknown e.g. malware and isolates it from the system or you can just set it to block unknowns while the analysis happens in the cloud but whatever. Use what works for you. CIS is just isn't like other products so find one you like and stick with it.
Comodo is not suitable for users who are obsessed with signatures. The old forum had many posts about the antivirus and its essential features. The same discussions are now happening on the new forum. Comodo has repeatedly responded, explaining what, how, why, and more about the product. However, some users continue to flood the forum with nonsense and complain about Comodo deleting their posts and banning them. Comodo provides a straightforward answer every time. If it is your product, use it; otherwise, move on.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: ErzCrz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.