Serious Discussion Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta is now available

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Can anyone also comment on the resource usage with this new beta please?
One point that keeps drawing me to Comodo is its low resource usage. Thanks.
Very low usage when i tested it out briefly.
1692219452569.png

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Comodo’s core features are Auto Containment and File Rating. However, Comodo AV is the weakest module of CIS. All installation options and configurations have "Auto Containment" enabled, including Standalone AV. You have Auto Containment disabled only when you activate Firewall Security under Configurations.

Yep, I know, but thanks for the explanation.
With regards to the AV, as you said, is weak.
I think is easier to invert the logic: Only Containment is strong. If Containment feature is removed, everything at Comodo remains weak.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I just installed CIS_2024_ beta v12.3.0.8088 sha256= 908564493b32a956a9ee48f9c8ecaf09948c85ea3d446cfc28f2cacb66f99f88
but I think I made a mess of it (user error) or it really is buggy :ROFLMAO:
On win10_VM I first uninstalled old version of CF, (no leftovers) then ran the 2024 installer, component(s) just the firewall, it got to 19% and reported "cannot launch setup" -- package corrupted (but the hash matched at VT o_O) and ERROR 4294967295 (WTFIT)**. :unsure: Assumed failure had something to do with AndyFul's SWH settings ON or not also selecting to also install AV :unsure::unsure: (VM is basically empty otherwise) So tried again and I did both, first turned off SWH settings & reset to windows default, and then ran CIS installer again and selected both AV and firewall. 2024 appears to have installed ok the 2d time, although I did not really want comodo AV. Interface is just different enough and I have no confidence the settings are optimal or anywhere near @cruelsister's settings. I opened my vpn and it went into containment but did have a popup offering me the option of not running in sandbox in future, I said ok to that. Edge seems not to be in sandbox. Bottom line for me, uncomfortable, I'll probably post this and then shutdown this VM ⏹️ / bis wir uns wiedersehen
PS ** google found this same error at comodo forum, a few posts, clueless ...

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I just installed CIS_2024_ beta v12.3.0.8088 sha256= 908564493b32a956a9ee48f9c8ecaf09948c85ea3d446cfc28f2cacb66f99f88
On win10_VM I first uninstalled old version of CF, (no leftovers) then ran the 2024 installer, component(s) just the firewall, it got to 19% and reported "cannot launch setup" -- package corrupted (but the hash matched at VT o_O) and ERROR 4294967295 (WTFIT)**. :unsure: Assumed failure had something to do with AndyFul's SWH settings ON or not also selecting to also install AV :unsure::unsure: (VM is basically empty otherwise) So tried again and I did both, first turned off SWH settings & reset to windows default, and then ran CIS installer again and selected both AV and firewall. 2024 appears to have installed ok the 2d time, although I did not really want comodo AV. Interface is just different enough and I have no confidence the settings are optimal or anywhere near @cruelsister's settings. I opened my vpn and it went into containment but did have a popup offering me the option of not running in sandbox in future, I said ok to that. Edge seems not to be in sandbox. Bottom line for me, uncomfortable, I'll probably post this and then shutdown this VM ⏹️ / bis wir uns wiedersehen
I had version CF 12.3.0.8084 on my production system. I attempted to upgrade to version 12.3.0.8088 by over-installing. The installation process went smoothly, but the version remained the same. So, I uninstalled the old version and then installed the new version with no problems.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Hey, I thought you weren't going to try it. Couldn't resist hey?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hey, I thought you weren't going to try it. Couldn't resist hey?
I felt like you were forcing me into this! Plus @Shadowra's video was an influencing factor.
PS even after the 2d "successful" install, I saw that tool -- killswitch was a separate install so ran that and again got ERROR 4294967295. I uninstalled CIS_2024_beta last night.

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
KillSwitch, Diagnostics, and Product Upgrade features are not functional in the current beta version. The upcoming versions will resolve these issues.
These issues belong to the long list of normal everyday casual CIS bugs which never won't get fixed.
They were issues in the past and they will remain forever, apparently.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: lyldz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.