Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Excellent! (but remember that gang-banging malware would be more a test of resources bled into the VM then sandbox protection).

With the samples I've used (Exe yes, but VBS, HTA, JS etc), you shouldn't be disappointed :D
Comodo was the default.
(I'm going back to editing the video, I'm at 80%)

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
And for many years I collaborated intensively, finding and reporting bugs/tests. However, I did that in the right place: Comodo' Forum.
Unfortunately that experience was terrible due to Comodo' lies, manipulations, censorship and many other bad behaviors.
I ended up frustrated, not with you, not with @CruelCF, not even with Comodo, but with myself, because of my time lost, tons and tons of hours sharing my bug reports, images, videos etc... for nothing.
And then, I said to myself: "Never Again".
💯

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I will be preparing real world, evasive malware and performance test tonight. Shall Comodo 2024 beta be included? What do you guys say?

Thank you for your offer.
IMHO, current beta stands more for an omega than for a beta, too many bugs. It doesn't seem to be a beta, it seems to be a kind of pushed raw version of a beta.
I think that tests and conclusions now might be premature (due to the current bugs).
Knowing that you @Trident can make great objective tests, if you ask me, I prefer to see your test on a less bugged version, a more normal version, with minimum standard acceptable bugs.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Thank you for your offer.
IMHO, current beta stands more for an omega than for a beta, too many bugs. It doesn't seem to be a beta, it seems to be a kind of pushed raw version of a beta.
I think that tests and conclusions now might be premature (due to the current bugs).
Knowing that you @Trident can make great objective tests, if you ask me, I prefer to see your test on a less bugged version, a more normal version, with minimum standard acceptable bugs.
Maybe we can delay or repeat the test till the moment someone reports that Comodo final is released… I’ll think about it. Or a video with the test will be published but the product will be excluded from the strict protocol of final scoring (this time it will be even stricter). Otherwise it may be unfair.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
@cruelsister
Thank you for your explanation, it did help to some degree.

It remains unclear whether CIS 2024 got any bug fixes which were discovered in previous versions.
Can we state that CIS 2024 is better than previous version in this regard?
Hard to tell with an initial beta. Regarding bug fixes, it's really up to those that had them to attempt to reproduce the issues. I do hope, however that with the initial beta builds folk will avoid making any potentially ill advised tweaks to things like the HIPS module (which is of dubious value anyway), as any issues that arise should be shown to be a coding issue and not a user issue.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Maybe we can delay or repeat the test till the moment someone reports that Comodo final is released… I’ll think about it. Or a video with the test will be published but the product will be excluded from the strict protocol of final scoring (this time it will be even stricter). Otherwise it may be unfair.
or maybe you should go ahead and see if you see any relevant security "bugs." All I hear from some folks is "bugs" without any description -- meanwhile @Shadowra just posted video and "bugs" did not seem to be the theme of that video. It appears "recommended" for firewall containment with a note the av side could be / should be better... more or less consistent with what @cruelsister has been saying, or so it seems. Curious to see your report compared to @Shadowra's. (imo fwiw :whistle:)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

With all due respect, Comodo' AV is offered as a stand-alone feature. Therefore, any average-Joe may install the AV under the (wrong) belief that the AV is good as the Firewall is. At Comodo' webpage there are no alerts informing users that the AV must be used as a complement of another feature.

But even if you're right (and I'm wrong), facts are facts, and the fact is that Comodo' AV is (at least) not good. Calling it "trash", "not good", "insufficient" etc, it's just semantics, nothing changes the fact that Comodo' AV is not good. Even the sole fact that Comodo' AV may work only as an addition of another feature... is terrible bad. You're right, it's great the freedom to use Comodo' Firewall with another AV. But most of the average-Joe doesn't understand that, and I repeat, Comodo' webpage induces the use of its AV as a stand-alone.
Comodo’s core features are Auto Containment and File Rating. However, Comodo AV is the weakest module of CIS. All installation options and configurations have "Auto Containment" enabled, including Standalone AV. You have Auto Containment disabled only when you activate Firewall Security under Configurations.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.