Serious Discussion Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta is now available

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I stand corrected it works when you repeat the same thing three times people believe you

I have seen the light :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Let us all preach the word of Melih

The chosen one is back! Different new august 2023 nickname, different new avatar... but always same unmistakable style of disqualifying any criticism against Comodo, while justifying his commissions/payments by praising garbage full of bugs (under the ridiculous argument that: "If it's free, then garbage is acceptable").
And he does not even realize that it is precisely his bizarre comments that arouse the major suspicions about Comodo. In simple words, when a software needs fanaticism (or paid opinions) to be defended/promoted, it's because that software sucks.

your bug-release-strategy-explanation does not make sense.

You're absolutely correct.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
For any curious, the installer package will open with these choices:

Essentially it is 3 in 1. Clicking both the AV and Firewall will yield CIS; unchecking the FW will yield CAV; unchecking the AV will yield my preferred and suggested CF.

As before I see no need for the AV component which just adds an on-demand scanner (especially as the FW already has VirusScope and more importantly File Rating). As each will have different default settings, one should choose wisely (CF). The FW settings can be done as with previous builds, and the resultant protection afforded is the same.

Finally please note that Containment is the strength of Comodo. Passing on Comodo because of an inadequate AV scanner is like passing on a Ferrari 356 because it doesn't have a glove box latch (actually knew someone like that, a pretentious a**hole).

First.png

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

The chosen one is back! Different new august 2023 nickname, different new avatar... but always same unmistakable style of disqualifying any criticism against Comodo, while justifying his commissions/payments by praising garbage full of bugs (under the ridiculous argument that: "If it's free, then garbage is acceptable").
And he does not even realize that it is precisely his bizarre comments that arouse the major suspicions about Comodo. In simple words, when a software needs fanaticism (or paid opinions) to be defended/promoted, it's because that software sucks.

You're absolutely correct.
Yep :) I recognised good old Oerlink writing style also (y)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I was reading this thread and when I got to post #55, which WAS CruelSister suggesting that while using the beta installer, uncheck all but the firewall, the screen flickered and her post was gone along with 2 pages of this thread, what the hell, I mean this discussion is a yawn compared to those 5 or 6 years ago and I hope Oerlink is back.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I was reading this thread and when I got to post #55, which WAS CruelSister suggesting that while using the beta installer, uncheck all but the firewall, the screen flickered and her post was gone along with 2 pages of this thread, what the hell, I mean this discussion is a yawn compared to those 5 or 6 years ago and I hope Oerlink is back.
You're right. What was bad about her post or any of those in those pages? And yeah, this thread is kind and gentle compared to some others.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
You're right. What was bad about her post or any of those in those pages? And yeah, this thread is kind and gentle compared to some others.
The interest towards this product is fading. Hence discussions are less and less heated. And some users actively discussing are more interested in triggering others, than in the real product.

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
What's new under the hood of CIS 2024?
Has it a revised engine?
Engine bugs have been fixed?
Or just a new paint job on the outside?
It's a question that really needs to be asked. Don't let CEO Melih hear this question.

The first impression I have is that it is the same as the previous versions, it is no different from the old one when the theme changes easily.when it was first announced, it was said that it would be integrated.especially it was hinted that it would be something like a portal like in xcitium etc.the bad thing is that we cannot see this yet.there is nothing new.there is nothing new.what they added, removed or corrected.I think the event is that they are not organized enough, they cannot manage the process well.look at the forum section, one person is trying to answer dozens of people and is inadequate.pity.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Same old Comodo. Trash AV module while containment keeps everything safe.
IIRC; from the very beginning Comodoā€™s primary strength has been their Firewall and Containment modules, their Antivirus was added later to compliment their already-strong prevention methods. Calling Comodo AV ā€œtrash" is uncalled for, as they never advertised themselves as the Worldā€™s #1 Antivirus.

This should be considered as an advantage as you can easily combine CFW with a third-party AV for more advanced protection and prevention, whereas other Internet Security Suites force their AV + FW combo by default.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
IIRC; from the very beginning Comodoā€™s primary strength has been their Firewall and Containment modules, their Antivirus was added later to compliment their already-strong prevention methods. Calling Comodo AV ā€œtrash" is uncalled for, as they never advertised themselves as the Worldā€™s #1 Antivirus.

This should be considered as an advantage as you can easily combine CFW with a third-party AV for more advanced protection and prevention, whereas other Internet Security Suites force their AV + FW combo by default.

With all due respect, Comodo' AV is offered as a stand-alone feature. Therefore, any average-Joe may install the AV under the (wrong) belief that the AV is good as the Firewall is. At Comodo' webpage there are no alerts informing users that the AV must be used as a complement of another feature.

But even if you're right (and I'm wrong), facts are facts, and the fact is that Comodo' AV is (at least) not good. Calling it "trash", "not good", "insufficient" etc, it's just semantics, nothing changes the fact that Comodo' AV is not good. Even the sole fact that Comodo' AV may work only as an addition of another feature... is terrible bad. You're right, it's great the freedom to use Comodo' Firewall with another AV. But most of the average-Joe doesn't understand that, and I repeat, Comodo' webpage induces the use of its AV as a stand-alone.

By the way, the only real useful Comodo' feature is the Containment. Comodo never was well known for its other features.

That said, please I request you not to take me wrong, I do love Comodo' Firewall, right now I'm testing its new version, and I'll will test all next betas and final releases.
And personally, I don't really care if new Comodo is old Comodo. Also I don't really care if new Comodo still has tons of dangerous bugs.
I only care about the Containment feature. If it works... fine for me!
Unfortunately, old and new Comodo present Containment failures.
Until Containment is not fixed, it's irresponsible to hip a dangerous security software.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
What's new under the hood of CIS 2024?
Has it a revised engine?
Engine bugs have been fixed?
Or just a new paint job on the outside?
The main differences are as mentioned above is that CAV, CF, and CIS now are now contained in a single installer where choices can be made by checking or unchecking the components desired. The main GUI sadly doesn't contain the handy Network Intrusion section anymore, which I personally found to be valuable from an informational point especially as most current malware types are heavily in favor of stealers which need Network access- not that they still won't be blocked, but I'd rather easily view what happens.

Also hopefully any bug issues some have had with Comodo on WIN 11 have been resolved. Personally I can't speak to this as I haven't had any such issues.

The criticism of the AV component is valid as it is not up to the standard of K, Avast, ESET, etc; and as CF will still has VirusScope as an on-access AV component installing the on-demand AV scanner component for me is unnecessarily burdensome. Better off to skip it and just do an occasional scan with KVRT (which is best in both the removal of an infected file as well as any points of persistence) when the mood hits. One important point that is often overlooked is that in addition to VirusScope, the File Rating component is of extreme value especially when confronted by a true Zero-Day that is both validly signed AND countersigned. While other products may find now issue with such a file, it would not be considered valid by File Rating unless that file is first vetted by Comodo and determined to be benign.

Other then that, under the hood the protection is equivalent to previous builds, which is optimal.

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, old and new Comodo presents Containment failures
Serious question- if you are aware of any such failures and have a MD5 for such a malicious file I would really appreciate it if it could be posted as it would be of great benefit for the users of this product (and thank you in advance!).

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Serious question- if you are aware of any such failures and have a MD5 for such a malicious file I would really appreciate it if it could be posted as it would be of great benefit for the users of this product (and thank you in advance!).

Hi @cruelsister, always nice to talk to you.

With regards to your request, please let me remind you that I was an older user of @CruelCF.
And for many years I collaborated intensively, finding and reporting bugs/tests. However, I did that in the right place: Comodo' Forum.
Unfortunately that experience was terrible due to Comodo' lies, manipulations, censorship and many other bad behaviors.
I ended up frustrated, not with you, not with @CruelCF, not even with Comodo, but with myself, because of my time lost, tons and tons of hours sharing my bug reports, images, videos etc... for nothing.
And then, I said to myself: "Never Again".

So, my apologies, no, I'm not sharing my reports, tests or whatever.
So, as most of the other participants here at MalwareTips, my collaboration is limited to support some posts and to disagree with other posts in this Forum.

Specifically with regards to your person, I love and enjoy your style, but with all due respect (and I mean that!), for me you are just a fictional character, an anonymous person, I don't consider you an expert.
Also, the fact you unconditionally support Comodo as a whole, and Comodo' fanboys/girls, ignoring serious Comodo' issues/bugs/incompatibilities etc, sorry, you completely lost all my attention. I don't have any motivation to share with you any Comodo' bug or test I do.

I can live with your passion for Comodo.
I just think you destroyed your objectivity when you decided to focus selectively in few Comodo' benefits, while you completely ignored tons of Comodo's issues.

Please, accept my apologies in advance, I don't mean to be rude, just honest with you.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.