New Update Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta (Oct 2023)

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014

Hello, Comodo fans,

We are delighted to share the new beta version for Comodo Internet Security 2024.
Please feel free to download and start testing the new version (12.3.1.8104) from here 9.
You may also upgrade the existing version to the new Beta version via the “Update” option.

Here is the list of bug fixes that are available with the new beta version:

• Fixed an issue where icons in the taskbar disappeared after Explorer.exe restarted.
  • Fixed the issue of missing the “Log as firewall event if this rule is fired” option on the firewall rule screen.
  • Fixed issues with performing Quick Scan, Full Scan, and Rating Scan and errors related to updating the last scan date.
  • Fixed the “Report a Bug” link being incorrect and outdated.
  • Fixed an issue with the first beta version, which had compatibility issues with Win 11 x64 after installation and uninstallation, where the internet connection would be interrupted and a popup would appear in the CIS tray saying "The network firewall is not functioning properly”.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on the scan exclusion under advanced protection would crash the entire advanced settings window/menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the antivirus still appeared to be running despite disabling all components in CIS and could not be disabled.
  • Fixed the “TDT agent is not working” issue.
  • Fixed the “Intel TDT driver not loaded” issue.
  • Fixed the issue of displaying the IntelTDT options on the UI with not supported CPU. If the CPU does not support TDT, it will be written to the log, and then unload tdt.dll. Users will be able to manually delete TDT’s log files.
  • Fixed an issue with CIS crashing after uninstalling the old version and installing the new beta version.
  • Fixed an issue where firewall settings caused the internet connection is being cut after installation of CIS 2024 Beta.
  • Fixed issues with cmd/diskpart or diskadminisration such as not being able to clean up all or create new volumes and formatted/deleted data/files restoring themselves after formation.
  • Fixed translation errors in Russian, French, Polish, Italian and Portuguese.
Problems with Killswitch, Cleaning Essentials, recognizer, and updater are also fixed.

Thank you for your patience, we look forward to seeing the results of your experience with the new beta.

Kind regards,
Comodo Team

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I am when it will be availble on Linux. The whitelisting module already works on linux, sadly not for ubuntu default package (program) manager. In linux the only other free AV option is ClamAV (Comodo should do better).
CAVL has been tried and buggy back then in Linux. One has to know Linux though, not just to be able install a prefabbed version of, or be able to use package managers. As mentioned above it's been known to bork things and compatibility with certain distros is a nope, better know what you are doing.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
The Comodo forum states that the third beta will be out in December and likely the final version in February. Beta 2 is functioning smoothly, but I'm contemplating experimenting with another software.
Saw that the other week A least there's some progress and it'll be interesting to see what bugs are fixed though I've never really suffered with any. Just glad to see some progress. Only testing CF at the moment, hips disabled as that got to be a hassle for whitelisting every time my OEM software did an update but runs smooth.

Malwarebytes WFC is good though a little bit of a learning curve. Some AVs work with Microsoft Defender Firewall like Emsisoft or you can use @Andy Ful 's Windows Firewall Hardening to create Microsoft Defender Firewall Rules to block LOLBins etc.

Look forward to next beta.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@ErzCrz, My preferred security is Comodo Firewall. I don't need another, but I'm considering experimenting with a different security software on the test system. I tested and had a great experience with CyberLock and ConfigureDefender. System hardening doesn't interest me because of its inconvenience. I might give ESET a try with custom settings.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
@ErzCrz, My preferred security is Comodo Firewall. I don't need another, but I'm considering experimenting with a different security software on the test system. I tested and had a great experience with CyberLock and ConfigureDefender. System hardening doesn't interest me because of its inconvenience. I might give ESET a try with custom settings.
Ah I see. CD makes sense for using MD but Cyberlock not needed with CFW containment enabled. I've used Hard_Configurator and SWH but not paired with CF but really with CF features enabled, there's not much need for a AV other than built-in unless your after lower resource usage.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Ah I see. CD makes sense for using MD but Cyberlock not needed with CFW containment enabled. I've used Hard_Configurator and SWH but not paired with CF but really with CF features enabled, there's not much need for a AV other than built-in unless your after lower resource usage.
I don't use any AV, including Defender, on my system. Comodo Firewall is my preference, although I enjoyed using CyberLock for a while. If CF wasn't an option, I'd definitely go with CL.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

On the test system running Windows 11, I have Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Vivaldi. Attached is a screenshot of an alert I received today from Comodo Beta. The alert happened when Chrome was not in use. What is the connection between BingChatInstaller and Chrome?

2023-12-13_005603.png

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
On the test system running Windows 11, I have Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Vivaldi. Attached is a screenshot of an alert I received today from Comodo Beta. The alert happened when Chrome was not in use. What is the connection between BingChatInstaller and Chrome?

View attachment 280254
This is why I love using Comodo :D

Bing Chat became a thing that now works for Chrome in the past 2-3 months. Odd that they are pushing it now or M$ is. I suggest keeping current settings. I could possibly be malware if in the Unrecognized/Untrusted list in Comodo. I'd submit the file to Comodo and check the file on VT.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

This is why I love using Comodo :D

Bing Chat became a thing that now works for Chrome in the past 2-3 months. Odd that they are pushing it now or M$ is. I suggest keeping current settings. I could possibly be malware if in the Unrecognized/Untrusted list in Comodo. I'd submit the file to Comodo and check the file on VT.
"Keep current settings" is the option I chose, of course. The file is valid, Microsoft-signed, and Comodo-trusted.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
"Keep current settings" is the option I chose, of course. The file is valid, Microsoft-signed, and Comodo-trusted.
That's good.
Good to hear it's valid but also happy Comodo caught it trying to install it into Chrome :D Trying to swap over to Firefox at the moment but haven't seen this but maybe it's not affected because it's not chromium based.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.