Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome (modified), Internet Explorer 11 (modified), uBlock Origin, OpenDNS
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, System tools

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Nice security! What's your experience with Comodo as an antivirus? Never heard of it. Plus i'd recommend you a third-party backup software rather than Windows tools, say EaseUS Backup:cool:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Very good config and quite light also. Everything is covered well. :)

Reactions: safe1st
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

It's a nice config, but i would advise you not to store your password in the browser, why don't you try LogMeOnce password manager, it is a free PM with two-factor authentication and free mobile app. Also, on my PC i have noticed that Bitdefender Trafficlight extension, although having a very good detection, blocks (or redirects to its warning page) only after loading a very good part of the (possibly infected) website. So it is good for antiphishing, but malware will have a chance to run for example a drive-by download. I would suggest you to replace it with Avira Browser Safety, i have very good opinion about it. If you could just tell me more about this new AV from Comodo, for example it's options in the menu and your config of it it would be nice. I use Qihoo360 TS + Comodo Firewall and MBAE Premium and haven't noticed any problems or conflicts with them when CF sandboxed something.

EDIT: You could add Kaspersky TDSS Killer to check periodically with it. And make sure that Scan for rootkits is checked in the Malwarebytes settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi.HR

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Nice security! What's your experience with Comodo as an antivirus? Never heard of it. Plus i'd recommend you a third-party backup software rather than Windows tools, say EaseUS Backup:cool:
Comodo Cloud Antivirus is new player on the field and it is work in progres but very promising.It has some bugs like windows security centar not recognize it like antivirus or antispyware, windows Defender must be deactivated manualy, when runing browser in sandbox alongside with malwarebytes anti-exploit,browser opening pages very,very slowly. On other hand it is light on sistem resources,very simple to use and config,have sandbox who is very important to me and have Viruscope...good behaviour analyzer/blocker
Image 5.jpg Image 6.jpg Image 7.jpg
Hi, @Andi.cro .:) You are using CCAV along with MBAE. Would the sandbox of CCAV be fully compatible with MBAE?
In the past, I found that the sandbox of Comodo FIrewall will conflict with MBAE in some cases: Question - Incompatibility Issue or A Feature of Comodo AutoSandbox?. This compatibility problem may or may not exist in your combo (CCAV + MBAE)...
No it is not fix for now, hope to fix it in next one or two rellease.
I disable in mbae shields for Chrome browser and shields for everithing else is enabled.
This way I can use both without any conflict, CCAV Sandbox is protecting my Chrome browser and MBAE is protecting everything else from exploit ( java,flash,adobe,pdf,office,players...)

It's a nice config, but i would advise you not to store your password in the browser, why don't you try LogMeOnce password manager, it is a free PM with two-factor authentication and free mobile app. Also, on my PC i have noticed that Bitdefender Trafficlight extension, although having a very good detection, blocks (or redirects to its warning page) only after loading a very good part of the (possibly infected) website. So it is good for antiphishing, but malware will have a chance to run for example a drive-by download. I would suggest you to replace it with Avira Browser Safety, i have very good opinion about it. If you could just tell me more about this new AV from Comodo, for example it's options in the menu and your config of it it would be nice. I use Qihoo360 TS + Comodo Firewall and MBAE Premium and haven't noticed any problems or conflicts with them when CF sandboxed something.
Thanks for advice,
I love Traffic Light and use it for years on every browser (alongside with uBlock Origin), if he really does have some downside I don't realize it yet and becouse of my sandboxed browsers I don't care even if it does. Drive-by malware stays in the sandbox ;)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I have no against to CCAV, actually their features and protection are good indeed they need only to improve/accept those bugs to be receive in order not to waste the overall development. ;)

Good configuration, you may add a backup browser for your extra accessible in case of emergency.

Andi.HR

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
A
I have no against to CCAV, actually their features and protection are good indeed they need only to improve/accept those bugs to be receive in order not to waste the overall development. ;)

Good configuration, you may add a backup browser for your extra accessible in case of emergency.

A backup browser?
I have google sinhronization enabled so every time I log on to my acc.in Chrome browser I get my favorites,setings,addons...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Andi.cro: Yes a backup browser, it doesn't matter if its a same based of Chromium or Gecko Based as long you can have another one for another browsing matters.

Usually some sites tends to have issue on few browsers.

Andi.HR

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Good config. What password protection do you use?
I don't have password protecton escept strong passwords,google chrome password protection,traffic light and uBlock Origin,Open DNS adresses and most important one...Brain.exe ;)

@Andi.cro: Yes a backup browser, it doesn't matter if its a same based of Chromium or Gecko Based as long you can have another one for another browsing matters.

Usually some sites tends to have issue on few browsers.
My second browser is IE11 but I never use it bcz Chrome never let me down on any site ( yet ).

Last edited:
N

Noxx

How do you feel about privatefirewall? I don't see many people using it.

Andi.HR

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Just installed it today, so far so good...
Not many popups, works like it should be...Task Manager shows about 30MB RAM
I think that this is very good firewall with good additional protection ( simmilar to Comodo FW )
Image 1.jpg Image 2.jpg Image 3.jpg Image 4.jpg

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I used PrivateFirewall for a while, it is by far one of the best out there! Unknown programs blocked, suspicious behaviour blocked. As their websites says it REALLY can block zero-hour malware.

Reactions: Noxx and Andi.HR

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.