Advanced Security Andro_ID's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Oct 26, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Linux
OS version and support details
TailsOS
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Not applicable - not running Windows
Smart App Control
Not applicable / not available on this device
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
On Linux OS not needed AV.
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
N/A
Periodic malware scanners
N/A
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
uBlock Origin
Secure DNS
Cloudflare
Desktop VPN
Wireguard
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden, LastPass
File and photo backups
External Drive
System recovery
Acronis
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
Computer specs
Lenovo Thinkpad E14, 8GB RAM
Notable changes
I use this laptop for my basic jobs like visiting social sites, e-mails, forums, learning portals. For important jobs like banking and etc I have TailsOS on USB flash drive. I booting on it for it.

I am using TOR Browser and Firefox .
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Are automatic security updates available on TailsOS?
Would be better/safer?

For secure DNS have a look at this thread:

Why 2 password managers (Bitwarden and LastPass) ?
LastPass had its share of issues and I would not recommend it anymore:
 
Are automatic security updates available on TailsOS?
Would be better/safer?

For secure DNS have a look at this thread:

Why 2 password managers (Bitwarden and LastPass) ?
LastPass had its share of issues and I would not recommend it anymore:
Yes it has Automatic updates. See here: Tails - News
it leaves no traces after removing USB stick from PC and other devices.
Yes its greatest safer than others. There is no 100% safety but Tails OS gives a magic privacy. It runs TOR

I just used LastPass but i am not user of it anymore. Yes it had issues and i left it.

Thanks for links.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top