Advice Request Android app cache

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
First we need to settle what you mean with cache.

Some apps name "ram" android cache (which i never clean cause this makes apps restart , reprocess , and use battery with that and slows generally the experience down ) generally task killer or similiar tools are bad on android.

or the real "cache" aka data from apps which they use to speed themselfs up , this one i clean like monthly because some of them dont clean themselfs up.

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
First we need to settle what you mean with cache.

Some apps name "ram" android cache (which i never clean cause this makes apps restart , reprocess , and use battery with that and slows generally the experience down ) generally task killer or similiar tools are bad on android.

or the real "cache" aka data from apps which they use to speed themselfs up , this one i clean like monthly because some of them dont clean themselfs up.
I am talking about storage data cache.
So you use any cleaner app or clean it manually from the app info page?

SohanRay

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 19, 2022
I wipe cache from the recovery partition when my phone slows down. I'm using an old low end phone so I need to do this sometimes.
Cache cleaner apps that I've used have been useless regarding this. Android 9.
I am talking about the individual app cache that an app creates and uses up storage. Not the system cache of Android itself. What you can clear from the recovery partition is the Android system cache.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I use SD Maid Pro, as well as Xiaomi's built in cleaning app. However, unless you are running low on storage space, or if an app is crashing due a corrupted cache, you usually don't need to worry about cleaning the cache. I only do, because my phone is often running low on storage space and Xiaomi's customised version of Android, MIUI, does not let you use a MicroSD card as extra storage space.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.