Android Q Beta - Updates and Release

Is your Android device getting Android Q?

• I will be buying a new Android device that runs Android Q

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Watch this space: Android Beta Program

The bug tracker for the Android Q Beta has just been opened up by Google, and according to the date filter, the beta is going to launch later today, March 11th.
First spotted by XDA-Developers' Mishaal Rahman, the bug tracker for the Android Q Beta has just been unveiled to the public. If you go to the goo.gl link in the description for bugs that have already been reported, you'll be taken to an Issue Tracker search with a date filter for March 11th filled in. What this means is that only reports made after today, March 11th, can be seen, so that only reports from the general public are shown. This is essentially confirmation that the Q Beta will be released later today.
via The Android Q Beta is likely launching in just a few hours

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
NEW: Android Beta Community is now hosted on Reddit: r/android_beta

via We're moving to Reddit! We've received a lot of great feedback and insight ...

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Introduction

Roundup from AA

Reactions: harlan4096

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Have been running Beta 1 on my first gen Pixel.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: Android Q: All the new security and privacy features coming to Android 10

At Google I/O earlier this month we learned about all the improvements that Android Q is going to bring, and of course, new privacy and security announcements were not left out from the conference. The platform security is one of the most important aspects of an OS, particularly for an OS that we bring everywhere with us in our pockets. If Android wasn’t secure, we wouldn’t trust it with half as many functions as we do. NFC payments would be out of the question, file sharing would be dubious at best, and connecting to other devices would be downright madness. In spite of the long-standing issue of version fragmentation, Google has done extremely well to keep the number of security issues to a minimum.

Follow link above for full details

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
My Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X is stuck on Android 7. It still receives occasional firmware updates, but won't be updated to a new version of Android.

However, I'm sure that there will be custom Android Q firmware released for it, as currently there are at least 20 different Android 9 ROMs available.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Nice poll... LG said my phone is only guaranteed two major OS versions. Since they released it with an outdated OS (7.1.2) and then upgraded to Oreo, I only have Pie and that's it. I don't even have Pie on my phone yet...

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.