Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Source: Android's January 2024 Security Update Patches 58 Vulnerabilities - SecurityWeek

Google kicked off 2024 with the release of patches for 58 vulnerabilities in the Android platform, along with fixes for three security bugs in Pixel devices.

The first part of Android’s January 2024 update, which arrives on devices as the 2024-01-01 security patch level, addresses ten security holes in the Framework and System components, all rated ‘high severity’.

“The most severe of these issues is a high security vulnerability in the Framework component that could lead to local escalation of privilege with no additional execution privileges needed,” Google notes in its advisory.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Just checked my Android phone again found my last update was December 16,2023 any idea when I can expect the security update spoken about in article?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.