Battle Android tab for light use

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Hello everyone. I’m using iPhone 6 for browsing and study and I’m very happy with its performance. It is impossible for me to read ebooks on iPhone fir its relatively small screen. I was offered a device called Lenovo Tab 4 “Lenovo Tab 7 essential” the gift edition which includes screen protector, backcover and headphones for nearly 120$. Is this device good for general browsing and reading ebooks. Also I edit documents using Microsoft office. Would this device satisfy my needs? Thank you in advance

Reactions: upnorth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: upnorth and Barakah

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
You really need to be more helpful if you want us to help you.

I was offered a device called Lenovo Tab 4 “Lenovo Tab 7 essential”
You need to start by being specific. As seen here, there are 4 versions of the Lenovo Tab 4.

And as seen here, the Tab 7 Essential is a different device than the Tab 4s.
They’re not available in my country.
knowing what country you live in, or can buy from would help too.

IMO, if you will be doing a lot of reading and editing Word documents, you probably would be better off with something with a larger screen and a real keyboard. I think you should be looking at notebooks.

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
You really need to be more helpful if you want us to help you.

You need to start by being specific. As seen here, there are 4 versions of the Lenovo Tab 4.

And as seen here, the Tab 7 Essential is a different device than the Tab 4s.
knowing what country you live in, or can buy from would help too.

IMO, if you will be doing a lot of reading and editing Word documents, you probably would be better off with something with a larger screen and a real keyboard. I think you should be looking at notebooks.

Thank you for your clarification. When I visited the store they showed me a box of Lenovo Tab 7 Essential special gift box. They told me it is Tab4. 1GB ram and 16gb internal storage. It was for $120 I did not test it for I was in a rush. Regarding Amazon Kindle I am from Palestine and If I order one online it would take ages to arrive if it will. I buy Books from Amazon and they take from 40 to 60 days to arrive. Sometime months and some other time they simply don’t.

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
When I visited the store they showed me a box of Lenovo Tab 7 Essential special gift box. They told me it is Tab4.
Well, based on the links I showed above where the Tab 4 and Tab 7 are different, I think I would visit a different store.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Like @Digerati said, you have to be careful, because Tab 4 and tab 7 are different products. I would recomend you the first one, that has a Snapdragon processor whitch is, with the passage of time, more fluid and efficient than Mediatek processors. I think is enough for home use.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IMO, do not buy it.

1GB of RAM? Sounds like it's the Tab3 series released in February 2016.
Confusing name - "Lenovo Tab3 7" - Lenovo Tab3 7 - Full tablet specifications

16GB of on-board storage is nothing. For example, Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) uses about 4.80 GB of space, the remaining will be used by Apps, Media and Cached data, but you will run out of space.

Lenovo Tab4 8/8 Plus and 10/10 Plus (screen size) have minimum 2GB of RAM, running Android Nougat, and released in 2017.

You may need to spend a little more, but I would look at something with the following specs:

Minimum:
  • Screen: 7-inch or higher HD
  • RAM: Minimum 2GB RAM
  • Storage: Minimum 32GB + MicroSD card
Recommended:
  • Screen: 7-inch or higher FHD
  • RAM: Minimum 3GB RAM
Optional:
  • Flip case with stand
  • Tempered glass 9H screen protector
Edit: If you are limited on spending, look at other Android tablets from 2017 and running at least Android Marshmallow. Snapdragon also have a better track record, but I've only used the 800-series on 2 devices.

Last edited:

Barakah

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Well, based on the links I showed above where the Tab 4 and Tab 7 are different, I think I would visit a different store.
Like @Digerati said, you have to be careful, because Tab 4 and tab 7 are different products. I would recomend you the first one, that has a Snapdragon processor whitch is, with the passage of time, more fluid and efficient than Mediatek processors. I think is enough for home use.
IMO, do not buy it.

1GB of RAM? Sounds like it's the Tab3 series released in February 2016.
Confusing name - "Lenovo Tab3 7" - Lenovo Tab3 7 - Full tablet specifications

16GB of on-board storage is nothing. For example, Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) uses about 4.80 GB of space, the remaining will be used by Apps, Media and Cached data, but you will run out of space.

Lenovo Tab4 8/8 Plus and 10/10 Plus (screen size) have minimum 2GB of RAM, running Android Nougat, and released in 2017.

You may need to spend a little more, but I would look at something with the following specs:

Minimum:
  • Screen: 7-inch or higher HD
  • RAM: Minimum 2GB RAM
Recommended:
  • Screen: 7-inch or higher FHD
  • RAM: Minimum 3GB RAM
Optional:
  • Flip case with stand
  • Tempered glass 9H screen protector
Edit: If you are limited on spending, look at other Android tablets from 2017 and running at least Android Marshmallow. Snapdragon also have a better track record, but I've only used the 800-series on 2 devices.

Thank you all for the advice. I have visited the store again and yes the tablet is very close to Tab3 7 essential. I’m not going to buy it. Tomorrow I will visit more stores to see what they offer. Thank you again

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.