Ankh´s Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Eset Smart Security and VoodooShield PRO (beta)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware and Emsisoft Ermergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox x64: Adguard, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass, EagleGet, Click&Clean, S3.Google Translator
Opera: Adguard, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass, EagleGet, Click&Clean, Download Chrome Extensions and Translate
Maintenance tools
Wisecare PRO and Privazer
File and Photo backup
Paragon B&R
System recovery
Paragon B&R
A

Ankh

Thread author
I have also installed Mozilla Thunderbird, EagleGet, Soft Organizer, FastStone Image Viewer, VMware Workstation, VLC, Soda PDF and 9Locker for lock down my computer.
I really like using portable tools, I have installed PortableApps with 7-zip, LibreOficce, Yumi, Opera, Cyberfox, System Explorer, ShareX ...

I like very much NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro, and I also read good reviews of Voodooshield free. I know they can work fine together, but it seems exaggerated to me. Is it true that VS does not work well with SlimJet?

I am here to learn. Your tips are welcome, thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Nice config!
Please also keep in mind that VS Free have very limited configuration options and to fully customize it you'll need a premium license.

A

Ankh

Thread author
Removed: NoVirusThanksExe Radar Pro beta

Added: VoodooShield Pro beta and O&O ShutUp10

The reason is that I feel more comfortable with the latter. NVTERP asks a lot of interaction with dlls and I'm not always in front of keyboard. VS is really comfortable (Smart mode). For me it is a find.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ankh

Thread author
Removed: Cent Browser

Added: Opera

The reason is that I always wanted Opera, but not all Chrome extensions worked fine.

With the extension Download Chrome Extension now, I was able to install without problems, for example, the EagleGet´s extension.

Now Firefox is my default browser and Opera seems to be the perfect complement

Y

yigido

Thread author
Removed: Cent Browser

Added: Opera

The reason is that I always wanted Opera, but not all Chrome extensions worked fine.

With the extension Download Chrome Extension now, I was able to install without problems, for example, the EagleGet´s extension.

Now Firefox is my default browser and Opera seems to be the perfect complement
You do not need that extension to run Chrome extensions on Opera. Just download the extension in .crx or .nex file format, then drag&drop into Opera. It will work :)
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EagleGet\addon and drag&drop .crx file into Opera. EagleGet will work, because Opera is based on same source code of Chrome. All chrome extensions will work without any doubt.

A

Ankh

Thread author
You do not need that extension to run Chrome extensions on Opera. Just download the extension in .crx or .nex file format, then drag&drop into Opera. It will work :)
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EagleGet\addon and drag&drop .crx file into Opera. EagleGet will work, because Opera is based on same source code of Chrome. All chrome extensions will work without any doubt.

Oh thanks! It´s a very good tip! :)

I uninstalled the extension and i reproduced your steps with success. Really now I see that it is not necessary, but it is comfortable.

Thanks again :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.