Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi @ant_gamal ! Security software look good.
Why don't you activate SmartScreen filter, it is useful on ground levels.

Eset is a great product if configured well. You can add some anti-malware to complement your protection - Zemana antimalware (premium) for realtime protection (if you deal with unknown files and downloads) or just as an on-demand scanner.
Install sandboxie to run possibly unsafe software.
For browser extension, 'Avira browser safety', 'uBlock Origins' and 'HTTPS everywhere' will be great security bets.
Data backup tools can be helpful.

You can remove 'Eset smart security + spyshelter firewall' from on-demand scanners list above, because that's too obvious.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First please edit your config to remove your real time protection from "on demand scanners" as they are not on demand scanners.
Consider some type of system & data back up solution.
Consider adding an on demand scanner(s) such as Zemana Antimalware,Emsisoft Emergency kit and or Malwarebytes Antimalware.
Consider an Adblocker such as Adgaurd or uBlock origin in Chrome.
Consider CCleaner,if not already installed,for system optimization.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Hi @ant_gamal ! Security software look good.
Why don't you activate SmartScreen filter, it is useful on ground levels.

Eset is a great product if configured well. You can add some anti-malware to complement your protection - Zemana antimalware (premium) for realtime protection (if you deal with unknown files and downloads) or just as an on-demand scanner.
Install sandboxie to run possibly unsafe software.
For browser extension, 'Avira browser safety', 'uBlock Origins' and 'HTTPS everywhere' will be great security bets.
Data backup tools can be helpful.

You can remove 'Eset smart security + spyshelter firewall' from on-demand scanners list above, because that's too obvious.
I forgot adding sandboxie I have lifetime license like spyshalter
Does system optimizer appz good I install 2 advanced system care pro and ashampo but I feel no practical change
Ccleaner try it but also no. Huge effective

Do you know better
Some says Baidu and kosher doctor system mechanic

I add zemana antimalware pro later on-demand can I change to realtime or it will be conflicting

I need to make no conflicting in firewall
But I think it needs manual trying or switch ss firewall off better

And how about change zemana am to zemana al when it available giveaway

Reactions: AtlBo

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I forgot adding sandboxie I have lifetime license like spyshalter
Does system optimizer appz good I install 2 advanced system care pro and ashampo but I feel no practical change
Ccleaner try it but also no. Huge effective
Do you know better
Some says Baidu and kosher doctor system mechanic
Let me break it down-
I will say that the two mentioned softwares are awesome feature-wise.
  1. However there are slight chances that important, though potentially damaged OS files or important software links get removed, leading to system instability. These don't cope well everytime with the latest structures of the system
  2. If configured well, these can help in deep cleaning and improving OS efficiency
  3. There are some known bugs of such softwares depending on the OS version. Make a point to check(google) which features of these are worth avoiding
  4. I myself used ASC with optimal settings but occasionally
  5. Yet, I'll recommend CCleaner. Cleaning some temporary files, redundant data and registry won't speed up your PC much, but it's the most basic cleaning needed for smooth operations. This is safe.

I add zemana antimalware pro later on-demand can I change to realtime or it will be conflicting
With ESET, it should be fine. It's designed to complement though it can do a lot itself. If your PC specs are good, it would be fine and won't conflict.

I need to make no conflicting in firewall
But I think it needs manual trying or switch ss firewall off better
Sorry, I didn't get your point. Are you talking about Zemana and firewall conflicts? Then you need not sorry.

And how about change zemana am to zemana al when it available giveaway
That's awesome. Note that there were some issues of ZAL with Chrome in some occasions and needed to turn off Antilogger. Anyways, ZAL is nice to try ;)

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Sorry, I didn't get your point. Are you talking about Zemana and firewall conflicts? Then you need not sorry.
Conflicting between eset firewall and ss firewall

That I mean

Also if I use zemana AL with ss firewall may be also conflict coz to anti keylogger

But zemana AM not keylogger so it is ok with ss firewall

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Conflicting between eset firewall and ss firewall

That I mean

Also if I use zemana AL with ss firewall may be also conflict coz to anti keylogger

But zemana AM not keylogger so it is ok with ss firewall
Just keep ESET firewall active. Not more than one. All issues now solved :)

Reactions: AtlBo and ant_gamal

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Now I just win Malwarebytes PREMIUM 1 year key
And have 1 year giveaway key for zemana

So which better to use realtime and which one on-demand

With my configuration

Does Malwarebytes PREMIUM slow system like I read

Reactions: AtlBo and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
With my configuration

If you're going to have an AV besides either of the two, I would have traditionally recommended MB. but if the heaviness is a concern according to your system specs, Zemana should be it (note that Zemana has occasional conflicts with some AVs)!
Zemana would be more preferable in terms of proactive protection but you mostly don't need it alongside your main AV.
If there will only be one active protection residing on your PC, definitely choose Zemana (activate Pandora tech from settings) and use only the anti-exploit and web protection features from MalwareBytes.

Reactions: ant_gamal

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i try to run all together
or make as you say disable malware and ransomware from MB

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017

With my configuration

Zemana has better detection due to more engines. Malwarebytes has its own engine, but it isn't as good as Zemana's reliance on outside engines. Overall, Zemana seems to have a faster scan and less impact on real-time protection.

Reactions: ant_gamal

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
i try to run all together
or make as you say disable malware and ransomware from MB
in my last test while I was running zemana and MB3 together, my computer was unusable. I couldn't even move the mouse. Not recommended to use them together. Use only 1. I prefer zemana

you may consider using voodooshield free in autopilot mode or appcheck antiransomware

Last edited:
Reactions: ant_gamal and Parsh

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I may be do suggestio active only web protection and anti-exploit
And try

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Zemana is better. Use Malwarebytes for anti-exploit. Eset should take care of the URLs with Zemana's help on the download. Please backup for security. Also, enable Smartscreen. You can use CCleaner for cleaning up browsing data and junk. Finally, use Ublock Origin, Avira Browser Safety, and HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome.

Reactions: ant_gamal and Parsh

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I try to change them in the topic but I can not know how
I search the forum also to know but can not find anything
Sorry for that
In the upper right of your first post here mouse over "Thread Tools" and from the drop down menu click "Edit Thread"
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.01.19_05h01m20s_001_.png
Scroll down to "Most Recent Changes" and fill in the date
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.01.19_05h02m05s_002_.png
Then scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"
Ashampoo_Snap_2017.01.19_05h02m41s_003_.png

Reactions: ant_gamal and mal1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.