Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
It is Entry level laptop the first APU generation

i use it for autocad 2d also civil 3d and surfer
i do not use any rendering app
also i just play football manger and fritz

i need suggestion for security compilation to use
i used avast internet security 2017 and malwarebyte premium and zemana antilogger in real time

i need to change them cos i think they are heavy

so what is your suggestion

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i got this message every time i use the laptop
although i update hardware drives also windows
vga_1.jpg

Reactions: SHvFl

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
There has been some threads at Malwarebytes Forum about MBAM being a resource hog. I think it might be the one also there. The office has an old Acer Aspire with 8gb ram and it has Avast IS 2017 with ZAM Free. I do not feel any slowing when we use ti to play in hiding :) Is there enough space HDD wise? Might also be related to space issues.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Yes there is enough space

I will see
You can try ESET AV/IS as it is fine on majority cases of computer specifications next to Avira.

Have you try this link from Lenovo Support Page
Thanks for link I will try it

I have AVG IS 2017 and try it with malwarebyte and zemana it is lighter but
I thinking to change them
I looking for spyshelter lifetime license to use and replace zemana
Spyshelter is good I have one use in the another pc
Also voodooshield in that pc cos I use it mainly
I used laptop when I need

What I need to replace the keylogger protection and malware ranesome

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
In my opinion you are using too many realtime applications. I would stick with one AV (my choice would be avast it is lighter than avg and also free) and disable realtime scanning in both Malwarebytes & zemana (if it's on) and use them as on demand scanner only.
About that error you are getting, could you post a screenshot of device manager.
Btw i also have that same processor in my laptop, it's quite good for battery backup.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
In my opinion you are using too many realtime applications. I would stick with one AV (my choice would be avast it is lighter than avg and also free) and disable realtime scanning in both Malwarebytes & zemana (if it's on) and use them as on demand scanner only.
About that error you are getting, could you post a screenshot of device manager.
Btw i also have that same processor in my laptop, it's quite good for battery backup.

How do use the double of VGA card together

What I know Apu technology
Is to use VGA card and also technology from processor with the VGA

Do i wrong or what

** I solve to problem of the message with the above links

Also I disable realtime like you day

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Looks like drivers are already installed by win10 automatically. When you right click on desktop do you see any "amd settings", "radeon settings", or "switchable graphics" option?
If not that means you have to install amd software yourself. You have two options either go for older catalyst drivers or newer crimson ones.
Safer approach would be to go to your laptop manufacturer's website and find your model and download the software.
If either that fails or your laptop manufacturer doesn't support win 10 for this model, then you could try my steps i posted in previous reply.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
How do use the double of VGA card together
I don't think your setup of apu graphics+gpu supports crossfire (simultaneous use of both gpus). However, it does support switchable graphics. You can Google it to know what it means.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i install iobit and scan after uninstall driver

it became now R5 M230 and also R4 graphic

i will google to see best one also for crossfire as my knowledge for old crossfire tech not new one and Apu i did not read about it alot

Reactions: brambedkar59

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The M230 is a rebadged HD 8500 series GPU

So the 2 are same

Just different in name at driver install
Yes, and it's actually funny that they change their name with different driver versions. When i bought this laptop, i checked device manager and i thought i was ripped of by Flipkart (Indian online shopping site). But then i installed newer drivers and voila:D

Reactions: ant_gamal

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
Yes, and it's actually funny that they change their name with different driver versions. When i bought this laptop, i checked device manager and i thought i was ripped of by Flipkart (Indian online shopping site). But then i installed newer drivers and voila:D
Which drive better in use

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.