Advice Request Anti-AdBlock Script for Adguard AdBlocker on Safari?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Adguard AdBlocker extension on Safari, and while it can block some, a few sites block content from being viewing if an Adblocker is detected.

Is there a script I can add to Adguard (extension) to block these Anti-Adblock messages?
Or a recommended file to import into Adguard AdBlocker?

Thank you.

Last edited:

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
im personally dont support those kind of pages.. if some web force me to close all blockers thats not good signal..im just close that web.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
As shady sometimes it may be that is the way some publishers and places that need the revenue have to go. Either leave the site or disable the adblocker for the site. :(

Reactions: oldschool and dJim
Upvote 0

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Have you tried Adblock Warning Removal List?
You can also try this one:
Code:
https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

Reactions: oldschool and Ink
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@pablozi Looking into it now. :)

@J Gamerz065 They are very obtrusive ads - invisible ads, background audio, adware downloads and background tabs of Betting sites etc.

Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
@J Gamerz065 They are very obtrusive ads - invisible ads, background audio, adware downloads and background tabs of Betting sites etc.

The non obtrusive ads? Adblock Plus makes sure only to keep ads that meet their guidelines. Allowing acceptable ads in Adblock Plus

Honestly if you don't like the site don't go to it. Adblocking is only going to get publishers quality and sites even worse. Not to go off topic but honestly I watch youtube a lot and go on other sites and sacrificing to ads, rather than paying for a subscription to the site sounds a lot better to me. :p

Upvote 0

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
@Huracan I have been using the full AdGuard for Windows, and FF 46.0.1 is my browser. I know we use different browsers and an alternate form of AdGuard... but maybe if you provide some websites where the extension version provides more misses than hits, I can compare with the installer version.

Logically speaking, I think both extension and installer would use the same filter lists, but maybe the installer offers more things than the extension does. For example, not sure if the extension has Stealth Mode... Just a thought, up to you. Others could chime in here as well, would be good to see extension vs installer results matched against your tricky websites list. I make use of the following filters:
  • English
  • Spyware
  • Social Media
  • Adblock Warning Removal
  • Prebake
  • Spam 404
  • Anti-Adblock Killer / Reek

Reactions: oldschool and Ink
Upvote 0

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why so? Google Play (unlike amazon or apple stores) does not have any review process so doing so does not improve your security in any way.
They are Ads from trustworthy Apps, nothing threatening about them and they as @J Gamez065 keeps mentioning, supports the content creator. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on anything outside of Google Play Store, but if other members are interested, they can go ahead and download it. It's not free, is it?

Back on topic, I'll try the suggestions for Anti-AdBlock filters.

Upvote 0

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
They are Ads from trustworthy Apps, nothing threatening about them and they as @J Gamez065 keeps mentioning, supports the content creator. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on anything outside of Google Play Store, but if other members are interested, they can go ahead and download it. It's not free, is it?

No issues. Free for ad blocking in browsers, paid for apps.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I finally figured out how to add more filters. The Option page needs improvements, it's not very clear for first time users.

upload_2016-5-27_21-50-34.png

Upvote 0

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Alternatively you could write a user filter rule using the well documented Adguard scriplets, play with the 'bab prevent' scriptlet. I am travelling and on very weak WIFI so can't post more details.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.