Should IDS(Hack prevention) be included in smartphone security products?

• Yes, modern threats are constantly evolving and this feature is compulsory

• No, it is basically useless as phones are less likely to be hacked

• No, it may cause the phone to slow down too much

Results are only viewable after voting.

SKG2016

Level 1
I am a true rookie in mobile device coding so I am not too sure of how hackers can use a system backdoor to hack into an Android device without infecting the phone in the first place. Most Internet Security suits online now includes some kinds of firewall and/or intrusion prevention but does smartphones need this feature as well?

Reactions: aragornnnn

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
Verified
Most Internet Security suits online now includes some kinds of firewall and/or intrusion prevention but does smartphones need this feature as well?
Still needed, since if a threat pose on data stealing then the firewall should blocked it to avoid transmission on their server.

Nowadays any threat must be considered dangerous regardless for prevention or cure process.

tim one

Level 21
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
Sure, an undetected malicious apk can have full control of the device by running commands to get the first information from the smartphone, for example some commands could be: sysinfo, webcam_list, webcam_snap etc.
I use the firewall function of Adguard to check the connections.

SKG2016

Level 1
Sure, an undetected malicious apk can have full control of the device by running commands to get the first information from the smartphone, for example some commands could be: sysinfo, webcam_list, webcam_snap etc.
I use the firewall function of Adguard to check the connections.
Is it compatible with Bitdefender Mobile Security?