Antivirus for Android

Which antivirus do you use for your Android phone?

• avast!

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Lookout

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Norton

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • McAfee

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • ESET

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I do not have any antivirus installed

Votes: 27 29.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Avast because it is the only one that has features for rooted phones (Firewall, etc...)

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
I just love trust go ,its detection is just amazing.It catched three advertisement pushers that pop into my system which avast fail to remove although it is a PUP.THE ONLY DRAWBACK FEATURE IS IT' S ANTI THEFT which can be easily removed.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I am not using any security products for my Android phone. Reason is that i pay attention to software I download, and i have opinion that Android is still secure...of course there are malware in the wild, but you have to use brain :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm still surprised that no one really picks Trend. Something wrong with the program?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
I'm still surprised that no one really picks Trend. Something wrong with the program?

It is because it is not popular and I don't think they used any effort to make it popular. When you were saying you had TrendMicro I thought it was paid (I just knew it is free). :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
It is because it is not popular and I don't think they used any effort to make it popular. When you were saying you had TrendMicro I thought it was paid (I just knew it is free). :D

Haha, I don't think there's any security program that Trend puts out that's not free. :p

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
McLovin said:
the new version of trend micro is good ,good antitheft features and good detection.but i will definitely go with trustgo free

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
LOL so I am only one using windows phone and doesn't require any antivirus :p by the way I have avast installed in my dad and uncle's android phone....so far no problem especially in my dad's old HTC Wildfire S

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i've used only comodo and 360 but i use 360 now on my s4 as its seems to get updated more frequently than comodo,comodo antitheft module is nice :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sounds to me, the users who use an AV for Android, don't trust Google's methods for preventing malware entering the Play store, or are downloading outside the walls of Google. :D

D

Deleted member 178

i need a firewall and only Avast and comodo did it in their package, since i dont like Avast in general, i am using Comodo

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
Sounds to me, the users who use an AV for Android, don't trust Google's methods for preventing malware entering the Play store, or are downloading outside the walls of Google. :D
I like the anti-theft features haha.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.