Antivirus Simulator...

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
My daughter is now obsessed with the idea of creating her own antivirus (lol, at age 10).. Obviously she isn't a MENSA kid or anything so I've been teaching her some basic python (nice easy language to start with, even for kids), and I've agreed (at her insistence) to program her an "antivirus tycoon" (why couldn't she just pester me to buy her zoo tycoon or something!)

Anyways, just wondered if you guys had got any ideas for cool features? The basic premise so far is you are in charge of an anti-virus company and have to manage your marketing and virus labs for all your anti-virus products, which you have to build with various different technologies (which improve as your team analyse more samples) and you need to customise your AV products for a good user experience and detection rates vs CPU and RAM usage and stability etc...

(LOL feels so silly writing this but you know what kids imaginations are like, maybe she'll drop the idea in a week)...

Anybody got any ideas for other cool features?

See what you've done Avast! :p

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Lol, I'd buy it if you complete it. :p

I'd say look at existing games like "Video Game Tycoon" (or what was it called) for some inspiration. :)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Have got a rough idea how it will work, but it's just a question of whether or not to have graphics (isometric like typical tycoon games)..

I'm thinking of a version without the isometric graphics, more like civilisation style with 2D screens (eg: view the AV gui, computer stats view, threat screen [world map with virus infections marked] etc) - Easier to program and better for me, since I can't draw!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
the idea is very interesting!
I hope you'll make it more like a fully functional game with all the complexities and realism. :)
Don't bother too much on graphics...

Congratulations to your daughter for giving you an excellent idea! :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.