Antivirus Tester PC Config

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello, my name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:
  • Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC!
  • Only MBAM? Install more on-demand scanners because Emsisoft AM and MBAM can't detect every malware on internet.
  • I see you want test samples. I recommend install Sandboxie and Shadow Defender or install VirtualBox. (little tip on virtualbox use VPN and separate machine from home network because some malwares can infect other PC via network)
  • Not extensions? Install uBlock uBlock is light,easy and powerful ad blocker and install Http everywhere. Why? Because a lot site still using protocol 80(http) and this communication can listen hackers and stole your passwords and this plugin encrypt your communication.
  • I see you want visit Phishing sites. I recommend use BitDefender TrafficLight or if you can use WOT but have a lot FP because is based on community rating.
  • No backup? Why? Try backup your important data to external HDD/USB or cloud.
Thanks for share your config.
Be safe on internet.
Sayonara

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Backups are very important. :eek:

May i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which have a very good free version. :)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei OneKey backup solution it will even help make a new partition for you. ;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I suggest you to follow the other suggestions(@FireShootSK , @frogboy ), because they're very good, and, in addition, I want to suggest you to install BitDefender 60 Second Virus Scanner, which is a very quick and efficient scanner and it runs in background, so it doesn't slow down the PC!
Then, you can also install Collusion extension which allows you to know which websites are tracking you, and this is very important.
So, you can install also Auslogics Disk Defrag, which can improve the speed of your PC with the defragmentation, and in addition I suggest you to install also PrivaZer and MPC-HC, which is a very fast and good media-player.
Thanks for sharing your configuration ;) :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.