Any idea how this laptop handles nowadays games?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Hi.

so this is the laptop i gonna buy :
CPU: CoffeeLake Core i7- 8756H ~ 4.1GHz 9MB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 2666M H
HDD: 1TB + 128
VGA: GTX1060 3GB GDDR5

and the games i gonna play is like PUBG - probably Assassin Creed - For Honor - Rust - red dead redemption 2.

so pretty much that's it
what do you think ?

Thanks!

Like a Western!

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
It should handle most game at 1080p high or even ultra details at 60 fps.
By the way Red dead redemption 2 doesn't exist on PC :LOL:
realy? didn't know that :(

ok so is 60 fps smooth enough for the mentioned games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: upnorth

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Should handle most games at medium-high settings. Only thing is that the GPU has only 3GB of memory instead of its 6GB brother. You should be able to play those games on medium-high settings although it depends on what the resolution of the screen is. Don't think Red Read Redemption 2 is on PC though. Might come out in the future :giggle:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
My two cents: A very nice laptop package but if you can, go for the 6GB 1060 model, it can handle greater graphics detail. Look at the requirements for one game, for example. I looked on Amazon real quick, as an example, for an ASUS TUF laptop, it varied from similar cost to 200 USD more with comparable Coffee Lake specs. If you do a little online searching, you can find other comparative info on 3 GB vs. 6GB. But for the demanding games you listed, consider a gpu with 4 GB VRAM minimum.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hi.

so this is the laptop i gonna buy :
CPU: CoffeeLake Core i7- 8756H ~ 4.1GHz 9MB
RAM: 16GB DDR5 2666M H
HDD: 1TB + 128
VGA: GTX1060 3GB GDDR5

and the games i gonna play is like PUBG - probably Assassin Creed - For Honor - Rust - red dead redemption 2.

so pretty much that's it
what do you think ?

Thanks!
I don't think you PC exists? DDR5 isn't available for consumers.
3GB is small, 4-6GB is the sweet spot these days. 1060 is perfect choice and so is the CPU. You can push ~80-100 FPS easily.
You can undervolt both CPU and GPU using ThrottleStop and MSI AB 4.5 and above( Use crtl+F voltage curve editor) for lower temps and consistent FPS and performance.

• Thanks
Reactions: Like a Western!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.