Advice Request Any safe Chrome extension VPN?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
I want to use it for safe browsing and stuff like that.
Maybe even use it to watch stuff on my netflix account.
Does anyone know a safe VPN Chrome exetension?

-Thanks!

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've been a happy user of Windscribe for some time now but I see that they score very badly for privacy jurisdiction on that one privacy comparison chart. According to their rating system red means it's a major concern.

Reactions: AtlBo

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
I've been a happy user of Windscribe for some time now but I see that they score very badly for privacy jurisdiction on that one privacy comparison chart. According to their rating system red means it's a major concern.
So windscribe is good?
No third party leakes?
No Malware?

Reactions: AtlBo

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I've found Windscribe excellent and I'm a bit puzzled by that poor privacy rating on the site linked above.

Regarding leaks, I've never found any when using it. No DNS, ip or webrtc leaks, plus it has an automatic killswitch in the case of disconnects.

Reactions: AtlBo and frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I've found Windscribe excellent and I'm a bit puzzled by that poor privacy rating on the site linked above.

Regarding leaks, I've never found any when using it. No DNS, ip or webrtc leaks, plus it has an automatic killswitch in the case of disconnects.
That's because Windscribe is a Canadian-based company and Canada is a 5-eye country

dominicsilence

Aug 21, 2018
I use Express now, but I am about to switch to Surfshark as their extension is so easy to use. Plus they are quite new, so there would be no low speeds and etc. I will let you all know once I try it ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Well it doesent work with Netflix, so its not so good for me.

It does, you just need to select the 'Windflix' peer, which is designed to work with Netflix from anywhere.

Windscribe is good, if not one of the best. I use PIA, Windscribe, and my own VPN server depending on situations. I like all three for specific things but mostly Windscribe is just fine. I can also put nearly a gig speed through it since they don't cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.