Unlimited Giveaway Anyblocker - Ad blocker for iOS devices for 3 month free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ctx=offercodes&id=6443558647&code=MalwareTips
How to get a license
Step 1: Download the app and use the redemption link to redeem directly
Step 2: Open the app to use it (no registration required)

If you have any suggestions on how to use the app, please contact support@anyblocker.com

anyblocker

Thread author
May 18, 2023
Main features:
Safari blocker
iOS app tracking blocker
Mailbox leak detection

Please click on the App Store redemption link to redeem 3 months free directly.
If you are not satisfied during use, please cancel your subscription before the end of the trial period.
You need to be aware that the subscription will be automatically deducted after the trial period ends in accordance with Apple's regulations.

You can find out more at the official website at

anyblocker

Thread author
May 18, 2023
Thanks for the offer, but I haven't had an ad for 10 years just using iOS and Safari's native ad blocking protection, which is, I assume, what your app switches on.
Thank you for your reply, we use both open source public blocking rules and our own maintained blocking rules. I think this is for example suitable as a replacement for a product like adguard, we would be more powerful in non-English blocking capabilities.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Sorry @anyblocker you are not Convincing at all. And on iOS we dont need any adblocker.
In iOS you can manually enable all the settings you mention, so why buy ?

So useless to buy, sorry.

Last edited:

PlatinumPlatypus

May 20, 2023
Thanks for the offer, but I haven't had an ad for 10 years just using iOS and Safari's native ad blocking protection, which is, I assume, what your app switches on.
What are iOS's native abilities and how does one switch them on? I know Safari blocks ads, but I thought one needed to use an app to block ads in applications besides Safari.

Reactions: Back3

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
What are iOS's native abilities and how does one switch them on? I know Safari blocks ads, but I thought one needed to use an app to block ads in applications besides Safari.
Apart from Safari(and lets not gloss over the mighty job it does and the number of tweaks available just there), there are a variety of things you can do to cutdown/avoid ads natively;

Individualise app. Notifications,
Customise Analytics & Improvements,
Disable Apple Advertising,
Customise Content & Privacy Restrictions,
Disable Background App Refresh,
Disable Location Tracking...

There are probably others but I'd have to put down my cup of tea and go looking...

Then there are the old classic's;
Unsubscribe from unwanted mailing lists,
Don't click on unknown message, mail or website links,

And finally, actually spend an hour two and go deep into the bowels of your Google/Facebook/Microsoft/TikTok etc. account settings and actually disable ALL of the 30 or 40 settings in each allowing unsolicited advertising to be dumped in your inbox or flashed on your screen about stuff they predict you'll want tomorrow based on what you looked at yesterday!

If however this seems like too much hassle, then by all means, one can subscribe to another data collection point and let them do for one what one could do for one's self.

Reactions: Nevi and Back3

PlatinumPlatypus

May 20, 2023
Apart from Safari(and lets not gloss over the mighty job it does and the number of tweaks available just there), there are a variety of things you can do to cutdown/avoid ads natively;

Individualise app. Notifications,
Customise Analytics & Improvements,
Disable Apple Advertising,
Customise Content & Privacy Restrictions,
Disable Background App Refresh,
Disable Location Tracking...

There are probably others but I'd have to put down my cup of tea and go looking...

Then there are the old classic's;
Unsubscribe from unwanted mailing lists,
Don't click on unknown message, mail or website links,

And finally, actually spend an hour two and go deep into the bowels of your Google/Facebook/Microsoft/TikTok etc. account settings and actually disable ALL of the 30 or 40 settings in each allowing unsolicited advertising to be dumped in your inbox or flashed on your screen about stuff they predict you'll want tomorrow based on what you looked at yesterday!

If however this seems like too much hassle, then by all means, one can subscribe to another data collection point and let them do for one what one could do for one's self.

Thanks much, but this looks like a (great) recipe to prevent tracking and enhance privacy generally, not stop ads in apps. Seems like we are stuck with DNS-based additional apps to stop ads. There are a couple that are free, at least for the amount of browsing that most folks do per month, so it's not clear whether Anyblocker has any compelling reason to exist. But if one doesn't want ads in apps on iOS, looks like one still needs an app for that.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Thanks much, but this looks like a (great) recipe to prevent tracking and enhance privacy generally, not stop ads in apps. Seems like we are stuck with DNS-based additional apps to stop ads. There are a couple that are free, at least for the amount of browsing that most folks do per month, so it's not clear whether Anyblocker has any compelling reason to exist. But if one doesn't want ads in apps on iOS, looks like one still needs an app for that.

No problem. In the strictest terms, you are probably correct.

But, this is what I have gleaned over the years from various sources and it seems to work.

I guess, though, I'd be quite happy to moderate my initial statement to; "I haven't been bothered by ads for more than ten years using iOS's inbuilt features"...

Just in passing, if you are looking for an ad free YouTube experience, can I suggest DuckDuckGo as a browser option. It has an inbuilt, free, YouTube viewer.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
You have to install a DNS adblocker to protect everything on IOS/IPadOS.

Apple doesn't allow third party browsers install their own extensions.

Reactions: Back3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.