Advice Request Anybody Else Getting Blue Screens

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
You may want to install BlueScreenView or WhoCrashed, as they quite possibly will be able to identify what driver is causing the crash.
Pretty much the same I would recommend, but if it happens " regular " or from time to time, and if I recall correct the OP even paid for the product is to create the FSDIAG file and then do not hesitate contact the official F-Secure support, either via phone or chat. Avoid the forum as one want an actual support ticket created in these cases.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You may want to install BlueScreenView or WhoCrashed, as they quite possibly will be able to identify what driver is causing the crash.
Looks like ntoskrnl.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe . So I'll have to take a look at all my drivers and make sure they are up to date.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Looks like ntoskrnl.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe . So I'll have to take a look at all my drivers and make sure they are up to date.
Do the easy part first, remove all your ram sticks, wipe the contact points with isopropyl alcohol, reinsert. Check for blue screen errors. Ntoskenl blue screen is mostly related to memory errors.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Do the easy part first, remove all your ram sticks, wipe the contact points with isopropyl alcohol, reinsert. Check for blue screen errors. Ntoskenl blue screen is mostly related to memory errors.
If that’s the case then one of them may be going bad. Just odd it occurred within a couple days of installing F-Secure and I’ve not had a blue screen in the year and a half since I built this computer.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I was getting blue screen on startups ( occasionally ) while F-Secure was installed.
No more blue screen since 2 days ago, that's when i've uninstalled F-Secure. not sure if that was the cause tho. but all good for now
Interesting. I wonder if F-Secure just happened to cause the system to hit the bad memory addresses on my module. I had t had a blue screen that I can think of since building the thing a year and a half ago.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Recently I have also seen reporting of BSOD on some other product's forum.
Not a solution to your problem, but IMO, just stick to Microsoft Defender unless there's a reason to switch to something else. I know you have used Defender and OSA combo for a while now and probably wanted to try something new for a change, but my suggestion would be to keep using that combo for the most stable and problem free experience.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Recently I have also seen reporting of BSOD on some other product's forum.
Not a solution to your problem, but IMO, just stick to Microsoft Defender unless there's a reason to switch to something else. I know you have used Defender and OSA combo for a while now and probably wanted to try something new for a change, but my suggestion would be to keep using that combo for the most stable and problem free experience.
Yep, it just works. Probably will leave F-Secure on my laptop. Not sure for the desktop. However the 50+ Memtest86 errors are concerning. I pulled the "bad" ram stick and am waiting to see if it happens again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.