Advice Request Anyone still pays for the ESET?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

davisd

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Ever since they introduced referral system, I didn't see a reason to renew ''Paid" licence since I need Eset for one PC only and "Trial" licence has full feature set, just a small non-removable annoyance at "Home" section and at the bottom of UI, but it really doesn't matter, and since "Trial" licence can be added to you personal Eset account, you can use it on different device as well in case you format, and it's not tied to the system you were originally installed 30 day trial on, so you can get in total 210 days of free Eset trial for yourself.. or, your friend. When/if licence expires, you can just switch to the new "Trial" (if you have one added to your account), but that'd be funny since it would result in a somewhat "infinite" trialing period.. :D My guess is that with this referral way, which is pretty clever in my opinion, Eset is trying to fight against Pirates and shared/stolen Eset licences around www, which I highly advice NOT to use, since your machine appears on owners Eset account, can be deactivated at any moment and all the consequences included with that.

eset1.JPGCapture.JPG

davisd

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
I've never used ESET so far. How do you legally get a trial version for more than 30 days?
You share your Eset's referral link around, and whenever someone installs it, you get +30 trial days and your friend 60 trial days. That means when 6 of your friends installs it, you'll get in total 180 trial days added, to your existing licence, which is already 30 days, so in total those are 210 trial days. This is legit way.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I install ESET SS on quite a few mainly older PC's & usually laptops of friends? & work colleagues. I don't mind buying a product if it's worth the money. I don't pay full price on the ESET site but I have had many good bargains mailed to me from ESET UK which I have availed of multi licenses from them - I do know technically other solutions offer potentially better protection but recently I have few complaints with ESET SS from other users, which for me says it all - This PC Has Norton Deluxe on.

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
Ever since they introduced referral system, I didn't see a reason to renew ''Paid" licence since I need Eset for one PC only and "Trial" licence has full feature set, just a small non-removable annoyance at "Home" section and at the bottom of UI, but it really doesn't matter, and since "Trial" licence can be added to you personal Eset account, you can use it on different device as well in case you format, and it's not tied to the system you were originally installed 30 day trial on, so you can get in total 210 days of free Eset trial for yourself.. or, your friend. When/if licence expires, you can just switch to the new "Trial" (if you have one added to your account), but that'd be funny since it would result in a somewhat "infinite" trialing period.. :D My guess is that with this referral way, which is pretty clever in my opinion, Eset is trying to fight against Pirates and shared/stolen Eset licences around www, which I highly advice NOT to use, since your machine appears on owners Eset account, can be deactivated at any moment and all the consequences included with that.

View attachment 215235View attachment 215236

I understand that he gets 6 months for the referral, but I don't understand how you gets a new "trial". If he installs again I guess he doesn't offer you a new trial because they are regristos and so on. And with a new account for ip they could refuse a new trial.

I don't doubt that this is the case but I think it's very careless on the part of eset.

davisd

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
I understand that he gets 6 months for the referral, but I don't understand how you gets a new "trial". If he installs again I guess he doesn't offer you a new trial because they are regristos and so on. And with a new account for ip they could refuse a new trial.

I don't doubt that this is the case but I think it's very careless on the part of eset.
If Eset introduced this option, it means people do requested it and its there to be used and shared among friends who'd like to try Eset for a longer time of periods, so I don't see a problem in that, rather than why is not more people using this method.

Gave one 210 days trial license for @SeriousHoax so he can confirm what I have wrote everything above is truth and not fraud from my part.

Eset is interested for more people to be using their services and products for home market, and this method applies to all three versions (ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium) so they found a clever way how to fight against numerous illegal and stolen license keys shared around web.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeriousHoax

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
If Eset introduced this option, it means people do requested it and its there to be used and shared among friends who'd like to try Eset for a longer time of periods, so I don't see a problem in that, rather than why is not more people using this method.

Gave one 210 days trial license for @SeriousHoax so he can confirm what I have wrote everything above is truth and not fraud from my part.

Eset is interested for more people to be using their services and products for home market, and this method applies to all three versions (ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium) so they found a clever way how to fight against numerous illegal and stolen license keys shared around web.
Yes it's true, he's not lying. He gave me a 210 days of trial key of Eset and it's working perfectly fine.

Reactions: davisd

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
Maybe I'll explain myself wrong, I don't doubt I'll lie about the 6 months. My doubt is about the "infinite" trial. Since when the trial is over eset should not offer another test again after 6 months. Already by X files, X registers or any other control that do the developers.

That's why I commented if it was as easy as creating an account again and requesting another trial for example. I thought there was little security on the part of eset to avoid abuses of the trial system.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

View attachment 215235View attachment 215236

I bought 5 PC/1Y for $60 when it is on sale. Is the version sold on Newegg and Amazon US work on the latest version?

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Apoca·lypse

Sep 28, 2020
I personally think that there are many people who buy ESET
especially ESET Cyber Security Pro is the best choice on MAC OS
In TaoBao China, ESET Cyber Security Pro is very cheap
only need to pay 65 RMB (about 9.5439$) to get 1 MAC/3y of genuine license
817E674D-673F-4DB1-8CC7-E8189FC3DD65.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.