Advice Request Anyone use(d) nsudo?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I came across this utility last night called nsudu. Basically it grants you TrustedInstaller/System rights for any program you want to run.

To test it I ran it in a VM and then ran regedit as TrustedInstaller rights and in Task Manager it showed me as having SYSTEM rights. This allowed me to delete a registry key that normally would require me to take ownership of the key before deleting.

Uploading the x64 verion to VirusTotal comes back as clean but I'm curious if anyone else has used this as it seems like it could be useful...if used with caution.

Reactions: tonibalas

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Heard about that today only.

Do I really need that? First if Windows have a way for taking ownership, I'll learn and use that first before diving in to some 3rd party stuff. Used this technique before when removing Registry Keys added by TrustedInstaller (Andromeda worm) ages ago.

Right click on a key and click Permissions...

Then check on Full Control

Untitled.png.jpg

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I wonder if you can make this work on a SUA without knowing any Admin password?

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
Not sure. I can't run it on my machine as an SUA as I have AppLocker blocking it.

Reactions: WinXPert
D

Deleted member 178

I wonder if you can make this work on a SUA without knowing any Admin password?
You can't , SUA block registry tweaks that modify the system but not some that affect the user only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.