Advice Request System maintenance & system backup tools

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
I need an advice. What's the good system image backup / OS backup & recovery tool? If system crash or something error happened, can I recover whole system again with such type of tool ? after restoration, can I get back all software as previously installed condition ?

Also, could you please suggest some good system maintenance & repair tools which also have disk defragment & registry defragment feature? like Wise Care / Glary Utility. I use windows defragment tools & I have both SSD (OS) & HDD (Storage) so HDD only needs to defrag.

Please please suggest me. 🙏 I need your help. Many many thanks in advance for your suggestion. ❤️

Note: Please suggest both free & paid tools.

Reactions: franz

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
For system image backup and recovery, you can consider tools like Acronis True Image (paid) and Macrium Reflect (free/paid). These tools allow you to create an exact copy of your entire system and restore it in case of a system crash. Yes, you can recover the whole system, including all previously installed software.

For system maintenance and repair, you can consider CCleaner (free/paid) and IObit Advanced SystemCare (free/paid). These tools offer disk defragmentation and registry defragmentation features. Please note, defragmentation is not recommended for SSDs as it can reduce their lifespan.

Remember to always backup your data before performing any system maintenance or repair.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You don't need to use system maintenance tools. There's usually no need to ever clean the registry. Windows automatically defrags hard drives weekly and SSDs monthly. As a result, you don't have to use third party defrag software.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Okay and for system image backup and recovery? Macrium Reflect ?
AOMEI Backupper and Hasleo Backup Suite Free are both good options. Macrium recently discontinued their free version, so unless you want to pay, the ones I mentioned are great alternatives. There is a paid version of AMOEI, but the free version is very capable.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
AOMEI Backupper and Hasleo Backup Suite Free are both good options. Macrium recently discontinued their free version, so unless you want to pay, the ones I mentioned are great alternatives. There is a paid version of AMOEI, but the free version is very capable.
Okay thanks, can I recover the whole system using the software including all previously installed software?

rashmi

Level 5
Jan 15, 2024
Okay thanks, can I recover the whole system using the software including all previously installed software?
You can recover the system up to the image point. Every image will have everything you had on the system at the time of taking that image. System Backup in imaging mostly refers to the C drive/withBootPartitions where the OS is installed. If you have other partitions that you want to back up too, then you should select another imaging option, which may be named Disk Backup, that will show all partitions.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Yes you can.
What option should I select for recover the whole system using the software including all previously installed software? System backup / Partiton backup / Disk backup on a USB drive or these 3 options on seperate USB drives to recover ?
AOMEI Backupper help.png

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I need an advice. What's the good system image backup / OS backup & recovery tool? If system crash or something error happened, can I recover whole system again with such type of tool ? after restoration, can I get back all software as previously installed condition ?

Also, could you please suggest some good system maintenance & repair tools which also have disk defragment & registry defragment feature? like Wise Care / Glary Utility. I use windows defragment tools & I have both SSD (OS) & HDD (Storage) so HDD only needs to defrag.

Please please suggest me. 🙏 I need your help. Many many thanks in advance for your suggestion. ❤️

Note: Please suggest both free & paid tools.

There are many popular imaging programs and some are not that dependable as one might think because of the popularity. Aomei and EaseUSTodo are 2 which the net will confirm has many problems. Macrium Reflect (paid), Hasleo Backup Suite (free) and MiniTool Shadowmaker (free & paid) are popular AND reliable programs which will restore what you have backed up. MR and MTS can back up to a usb.

If you want to restore to a working Os with a backup you select System backup but, do you want EVERYTHING back, you select the option which you see backs up the entire disk. Every partition. Maybe that means you want a cloning program. Google it. But an image that backs up everything is usualy enough.

Nowadays reg, crapcleanrs and defrag/optimize are not necessary since Windows takes care of that by itself. So use the inbuilt feature, read up on Storage Sense.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Nowadays reg, crapcleanrs and defrag/optimize are not necessary since Windows takes care of that by itself. So use the inbuilt feature, read up on Storage Sense.
Windows does not clean the registry. But this doesn't matter, because for the most part, cleaning it isn't needed. Third party cleaning tools can sometimes be useful, because some of such tools can find a lot more junk to clean than Microsoft's Storage Sense and Disk Clean-up do. This is because while Microsoft does a very good job of cleaning of cleaning Windows junk, some third party cleaners also can clean junk for a lot of third party apps, that Windows can't clean junk from. While in some cases third party cleaning tools can be useful, Windows will run fine if you don't use them.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Any good third party cleaner or system maintenance tools? like Ccleaner. Also there are many defragger like Piriform's Defragger.
Wise Disk Cleaner is free, does a good job of cleaning junk files and fortunately does not include a registry cleaner. There are many third party defrag tools, but there's no particular reason not to just let Windows defrag your drives automatically.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Any good third party cleaner or system maintenance tools? like Ccleaner. Also there are many defragger like Piriform's Defragger.

As said, Windows takes care of all that is necessary all by itself nowadays. In the older days programs like that was needed.

Windows has a feature called - Automatic maintenance, which even handles registry errors: How to manage Windows 10's Automatic Maintenance feature
Besides optimiz and defrag regularly. You can even control its scheme.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.