Anyone using desktop BSD?

polishpatriot

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020
What's your experience with BSD on the desktop?

OpenBSD was created and continues to focus upon security. It's not meant as a desktop. Well, not in the sense of desktop as you know it.

If you do almost eveything from the command line, then you'll be OK with it... which I would bet a ton of money that you don't; you want a GUI.

Oh, I'm sure there is a way to install a desktop using the package manager, but I do not know if the X server needs to also be tweaked beforehand. This is something that you need to research. There's OpenBSD documentation or you can join a hard-core OpenBSD community to sort it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDE_Server

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.