AppGuard 4 Update Thread (current v4.4.6.1)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Appguard 4.4.6.1 has been released... No problems here w/ automatic update!:)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
4.4.6.1 still not blocking *.reg scripts.
Maybe BRN doesn't consider that as a threat. You should make them believe! :D

Also, if you report to BRN again, could you tell them to fix an aesthetic bug: when AppGuard is Off for many minutes or an hour, its message in the notification is not right (i.e. it would say, "return to medium or lock down mode", rather than "return to protected or lock down mode")?
This annoyance should be very simple to fix, albeit a very, very minor bug.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Maybe BRN doesn't consider that as a threat. You should make them believe! :D

Also, if you report to BRN again, could you tell them to fix an aesthetic bug: when AppGuard is Off for many minutes or an hour, its message in the notification is not right (i.e. it would say, "return to medium or lock down mode", rather than "return to protected or lock down mode")?
This annoyance should be very simple to fix, albeit a very, very minor bug.

BRN changed name of Medium mode to Protected mode during the release of 4.3.X.X.

@XhenEd - I guess they missed it - so I will report it again.

Reactions: XhenEd
H

hjlbx

Thread author
@hjlbx I'm a bit confused is .reg scripts diff. from reg.exe?! As its already added in user space.

reg.exe is command line utility of regedit.exe and regedt32.exe.

*.reg scripts can still be run with reg.exe in User Space (blocked).

Reactions: XhenEd

0136d0n

Level 1
Verified
Jun 26, 2016
Can anyone provide me link to download ver 4.4.6? The link in Wilder doesn't work for me..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Can we upgrade the app from v 4 to v 5 for free? I have seen that v 5 are now with limited period only.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Can we upgrade the app from v 4 to v 5 for free? I have seen that v 5 are now with limited period only.

There is no upgrade rights from version 4 to 5.

BRN transitioned to annual subscription beginning with version 5; undoubtedly version 4 will eventually be phased out (EOL = end-of-life) at some point in the future. The exact form of the phase-out (e.g. schedule, limited support, etc) remains to be seen.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
So I've upgraded, was that not a wise decision?

You get no benefit to running 5.X over running 4.4.6.1 at this time; 4.4.6.1 and 5.X are essentially the same.

The real difference = 5.X (AppGuard Personal) is annual subscription license whereas 4.4.6.1 is a lifetime version license - but 4.4.6.1 will likely be the very last 4.X (AppGuard Professional) version and might or might not receive future minor updates.

At some point in the future 4.X will be EOL (end-of-life). If it does continue on it will be strictly a beta testing build.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.