Update AppGuard 4 Update Thread (current v4.4.6.1)

Duotone

Level 9
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Appguard 4.4.6.1 has been released... No problems here w/ automatic update!:)

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
4.4.6.1 still not blocking *.reg scripts.
Maybe BRN doesn't consider that as a threat. You should make them believe! :D

Also, if you report to BRN again, could you tell them to fix an aesthetic bug: when AppGuard is Off for many minutes or an hour, its message in the notification is not right (i.e. it would say, "return to medium or lock down mode", rather than "return to protected or lock down mode")?
This annoyance should be very simple to fix, albeit a very, very minor bug.

H

hjlbx

Maybe BRN doesn't consider that as a threat. You should make them believe! :D

Also, if you report to BRN again, could you tell them to fix an aesthetic bug: when AppGuard is Off for many minutes or an hour, its message in the notification is not right (i.e. it would say, "return to medium or lock down mode", rather than "return to protected or lock down mode")?
This annoyance should be very simple to fix, albeit a very, very minor bug.
BRN changed name of Medium mode to Protected mode during the release of 4.3.X.X.

@XhenEd - I guess they missed it - so I will report it again.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Can anyone provide me link to download ver 4.4.6? The link in Wilder doesn't work for me..

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Can we upgrade the app from v 4 to v 5 for free? I have seen that v 5 are now with limited period only.

H

hjlbx

Can we upgrade the app from v 4 to v 5 for free? I have seen that v 5 are now with limited period only.
There is no upgrade rights from version 4 to 5.

BRN transitioned to annual subscription beginning with version 5; undoubtedly version 4 will eventually be phased out (EOL = end-of-life) at some point in the future. The exact form of the phase-out (e.g. schedule, limited support, etc) remains to be seen.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Sophos
Is there any difference between version 4 and 5 - yeah I now have it installed?

H

hjlbx

So I've upgraded, was that not a wise decision?
You get no benefit to running 5.X over running 4.4.6.1 at this time; 4.4.6.1 and 5.X are essentially the same.

The real difference = 5.X (AppGuard Personal) is annual subscription license whereas 4.4.6.1 is a lifetime version license - but 4.4.6.1 will likely be the very last 4.X (AppGuard Professional) version and might or might not receive future minor updates.

At some point in the future 4.X will be EOL (end-of-life). If it does continue on it will be strictly a beta testing build.