AppGuard 50% discount (by request)

chrcoluk

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
ok I will give you an example.

before office moved to subscription fees (which is basically what appgaurd and many other security apps are), they charged circa £150 for a 'owned for life' license to run office on one single pc.

If microsoft followed the same model as appguard and some other vendors then office 365 would be £150 a year for one pc right?

Instead office 365 is £80 a year for 5 pc's. Microsoft moved to annual pricing but they also kept the value at least remotely comparable.

My view is when moving to a ongoing charging system you should follow one of 2 rules.

either.

1 - the annual price 3 years total is close to previous lifetime cost, so the annual cost is 33% of previous lifetime license.
or
2 - It is lifetime but only for the major version e.g. 2.x, when 3.x released need new license.

If microsoft did what appguard did then office 365 would be £150 year for 1 pc. Serious inflation. So yes if you are sitting on an old lifetime license you are been somewhat naive to attack those who think the new pricing is unrealistic.

If the product launched at the current pricing from day 1, my view would be different, but it didnt.

umbra so please share with us, how many annual appguard licenses have you purchased (at full listed price), since its such great value?

A

Alkajak

@chrcoluk With all due respect, this is the Hot Deals and Discount section. I'm sure you can find a more appropriate section to ask @Umbra questions. Especially with the tone of your questioning.

Reactions: Noxx
D

Deleted member 178

2 - It is lifetime but only for the major version e.g. 2.x, when 3.x released need new license.
It was the "Lifetime" appguard licensing model until they changed to annual. i guess you didn't know...

So yes if you are sitting on an old lifetime license you are been somewhat naive to attack those who think the new pricing is unrealistic.

You are the naive one, whining about the price of a license; you can't afford it, move on to another software. Can't buy a Ferrari, buy a Volvo. It is what i would do, What is your problem with that?
Remember Appguard main market is corporate clients not home users.

umbra so please share with us, how many annual appguard licenses have you purchased (at full listed price), since its such great value?

I have 2 of the "old" lifetime license , but it doesn't matter anymore since now i'm one of their beta-testers.And for your information, if i wasn't a beta-tester, and if i believe the price is out of my reach , i won't buy it anymore. I know enough to secure my system for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Asked nicely for 50% off, got a slap in face.I would have bought it. Sadest part is you can no longer trial it before buying it first with version 5.x Index of /support/products/AG52 With version 4.x Index of /support/products/AG44 you can still select trial for 30days upon installing :(

There are no discounts or promotions at this time.

AppGuard is now licensed annually for $29.95 USD per year.

When you purchase you can select the option to be billed monthly.

Blue Ridge Networks Store

AppGuard Support

H

hjlbx

Asked nicely for 50% off, got a slap in face.I would have bought it. Sadest part is you can no longer trial it before buying it first with version 5.x Index of /support/products/AG52 With version 4.x Index of /support/products/AG44 you can still select trial for 30days upon installing :(

There are no discounts or promotions at this time.

AppGuard is now licensed annually for $29.95 USD per year.

When you purchase you can select the option to be billed monthly.

Blue Ridge Networks Store

AppGuard Support

You can trial version 5 for 2 weeks - which is more than sufficient for a user to decide if they wish to keep it or not.

$29.95 per year is fair annual cost.

There is Simple Software Restriction Policy (by iwrconsultancy) if you would like freeware, but it is just SRP with no additional protections. Also, there is Excubits products - which you must buy the entire suite to get comparable protection.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Perhaps if asking for multiple copies purchase, might get a better pricing? like 3 license per year?
Well you can always ask, but i highly doubt they will give any discounts right now.

Also, there is Excubits products - which you must buy the entire suite to get comparable protection.
I just went through all https://excubits.com/content/files/bouncer_manual.pdf and honestly, i don't have that much time to write all rules, i don't want to do "dirty" work, i want whitelist/anti-exe program to do it for me. Excubits team is very talanted, i just think they target very specific audience.

$29.95 per year is fair annual cost
I believe so. I might as well just try trial again before buying, or buy some flowers for my girlfriend and master Windows AppLocker :D

Reactions: Logethica
B

beetal2015

How to get Appguard v.5 trial ?

I once installed on my system now i am unable to install it !
Is there a way to reinstall it by changing HDD ?
Please can anyone have it license for trial .

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Version 5 needs a credit card. If you want to try appguard without one try version 4. It's the same thing.

An AppGuard trial is no longer available - not even using a credit card.

If you wish to use AppGuard, then it must be purchased.

Reactions: XhenEd and SHvFl

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
An AppGuard trial is no longer available - not even using a credit card.

If you wish to use AppGuard, then it must be purchased.

Well, I mean, there was. But clearly, MalwareTips has been taken advantage of to track down any trails of trials left behind, and to prevent our members from trying the software before dropping a lot of money for it. Kudos.

Reactions: XhenEd

Well, I mean, there was. But clearly, MalwareTips has been taken advantage of to track down any trails of trials left behind, and to prevent our members from trying the software before dropping a lot of money for it. Kudos.

MalwareTips and user's membership at MalwareTips has nothing to do with BRN discontinuing the AppGuard consumer trial.

Blue Ridge Networks carefully considered everyone's point of view regarding the AppGuard trial. In the final analysis, BRN decided not to offer one.

D

Deleted member 178

I guess the trend now is like that of Cylance's. :(

Anyway, like what I always say, corporate business has a mind of its own that home users may not be able to understand.

In fact , Appguard first market is and always will be corporations; home users are a very very small share; however the cost they generates is far higher than corporations because most users don't have the knowledge how to use the product properly hence increasing the support team's burden.
As a result , if BRN hire employees for the support team, then the rentability of AG will decrease; same for all business; more employees, less benefits.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.